old skol grilles. . . .

haascncvf2

i was driving a friend of mine home today when i saw a 90-95 nissan pu with an old skool billet grille;

it was the kind where the headlights sit behind the bars; as the grill sits flush with the hood and takes up the space in between the signals.

i shoulda busted out my celly to take a pic of it but didnt. . .

the point of this story is i have been looking for any type of old skool billet grille on CL and ebay; NEVER finding anything. . .

i wish i could look up mini-truckin' archives from the mid 90's when there were many styles and manufacturers of billet grilles for our rides; just to see if somehow; someway i could find one.

anyone here have a type of billet grille on their 90-95? if so please post.!.

It coulda been an 86-90 too...

I used to have a link, I lost it, that grille only fits over the bucket beams. So you'd have to do the headlight swap if you found one.

ah....

ohk. thank you for the intel..

i vaguely recall seeing many styles when i was a pre-teen back then...

not 100% sure i would choose this one/style but i was impressed to simply see one. lol

thanx again for the input. . .

anyone have links ? pics ?

If I remember right they were called "phantom" grills. You would proably have to do a HB headlight swap to make it work if you do find one (Pathy headlights sit more 'flush' with the front end) and some o fthem you had to swap headlight buckets to make the lights sink deeper into the rad support. Not a big deal but just a FYI.

Like this? The grilles are still available from numerous suppliers, search google for nissan hardbody phantom grille

mt00tl.jpg

that be the one. (havent seen the bumper with billet inserts though. . . .will have to ponder that one...)

thanx all for the input. goin to check out the site...

That style grill isn't something you would probably find on a 4x4 but I guess it would offer some headlight protection

yup thats the link I lost lol. anyway yeh protect the lights and greaty dimish their brightness...

That style grill isn't something you would probably find on a 4x4 but I guess it would offer some headlight protection

yup, protect those precious beams of light from escaping :rofl: Someoen made one IIRC that was just a center section between the headlights that was a clean lookin one (might have been a modified one from somethign else, I remember seein it though, I'll look for it)

look for the one thats 'like' a phantom only 'just' the headlights are cut out! (theres a couple bars of billet above/below the lights and a real thin row on the outside of the headlights)

yup, protect those precious beams of light from escaping :rofl: Someoen made one IIRC that was just a center section between the headlights that was a clean lookin one (might have been a modified one from somethign else, I remember seein it though, I'll look for it)

this is more along the lines of what i am looking for....not really giving a crap bout my headlights. . .j.s.

img7273.jpg

Ahhhh...the late 80's early 90's.....that was definitely a hot time for mini's if you were a teenager or in your early twenty's. There was also plenty of females to be had if you owned one. Every decade has had some sorta fad when it comes to customization of your ride man. Bass (the sound, not the fish) and mini's were "it" back then, along with the fox body 5.0 mustangs and Z28 TPI camaros, at least in South Florida. Some of the best memories back then of my life, cruising the beach and picking up chicks man.

Edited by Specv1973