Will these fit my stock pathy?

Specv1973

I want these. They have the same 6-139 bolt pattern. There 31's but their 13.50 wide, but I think that offset might compensate so they don't rub. What do you guys think?

wheelsiwant.jpg

Edited by Specv1973

dont say anythign about the wheel offset in the ad... 13.5 tires one what looks like 10" wide wheels on a 0 lift truck might make soem noise off your fenders when you turn though... but dont quote me on it...

12.50's have a hard enough time fitting without trimming the fenders... I don't even want to imagine 13.50.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I did a little measuring, and I see your point. I don't really want to cut any of the metal either.

She'll run just fine. I'm sure of it. Ran the same set back in '97 for about six months before hydroplaned and hit a curb going about 55mph. Did all kinds of damage. Real shame too...

With tire's that wide on a pathfinder good luck maintaining traction on any surface like mud ice/snow or wet pavement!

:scratchhead: Wider tires have a greater contact patch than a narrow tire.

wide tires have much better traction on dry pavement only. on wet/slippery surfaces they give you horrible traction due to much fewer pounds per square inch = hydroplaning

I try to stick with tires that have tread... Which will displace water and still give that big useful contact patch. I've hydroplaned on wide and skinny tires mounted up on heavy and lighter vechiles... Only thing to blame everytime was the driver, hammer down on the highway in a Town Car on bald tires (because the whitewalls looked cool) and you deserve to feel the thing pick up from the pavement and start to take itself into the next lane. (gee if you let off and not panic brake you would be amazed at how you can regain control) Drive for the conditions...

And no offense was meant to those who hydroplaned because of the tires...

I lost my honda a few years ago because I couldn't afford to put stock tires on it. The PO had low profile slicks on the damned wagon. It only took a little bit of oil on the wet on-ramp and I was playin pin-ball with the guard rails.

wide tires have much better traction on dry pavement only. on wet/slippery surfaces they give you horrible traction due to much fewer pounds per square inch = hydroplaning

Which is why for the snow a tall skinny snow tire outperforms a wide tire.

Which is why for the snow a tall skinny snow tire outperforms a wide tire.

True! That's the reason why I "minus" sized on my winter tires; going from a 31x10.5x15 AT on Legos on my '95 SE to a 235x75x17 winter on 'Yota rims. The real bonus was that I also saved 200 bucks on the set of 4 Pirelli Scorpions.

• 2 weeks later...