Advantages and Disadvantages of LSD

WyKi

• 8 months later...

Electric and hydraulic lockers for a wd21?? Maybe, but I have never heard of them. :shrug:

Yes, I forgot the ARB air locker, but I rarely consider a $1000 locker. Too rich for my blood... :D

B

Gotta agree there. I have a 87' with open diff. how hard would the swap be to my 88' and to install a detroit?

lsd ftw would be neat to see a two cable e-brake system for directional digs

As in having an ebrake for each wheel..that would be interesting....How do you figure LSD over a locker...You cant say one over the other its all about what you do with your rig.

Couldn't be too hard, right? Pull a second brake lever from the junkyard, make some sort of bracket to fit the two (if you pulled the rubber trim out of the console, they might both fit w/o trimming anything), then run the cables to where the splitter used to be... then take it to a shop and ask them to check your brakes, and watch the tech guys try to figure it out.

lsd ftw would be neat to see a two cable e-brake system for directional digs

This is a standard aftermarket upgrade in the dunebuggy world and would be useful for open diffs and LSD alike to get power to the wheel you want to in a leg up situation. Never considered it for a 4x4 but it's the same principle... :shrug:

B

This is a standard aftermarket upgrade in the dunebuggy world and would be useful for open diffs and LSD alike to get power to the wheel you want to in a leg up situation. Never considered it for a 4x4 but it's the same principle... :shrug:

B

If you watch top truck challenge 2010 the truck class winner Jason grey, used cutting brakes (cable and handle for each wheel) to take a corner the rigs with rear steering were 2 point turning. Awesome rig to see in person I will try to get a pic of it by my pathy so you get a idea of how big it is if I can make it to summer bash.