Door "Key Switch"

Indigent

To start this off right, I searched for "key switch" and got a bunch of crap about the ignition switch (which isn't the same thing). I am almost done rebuilding my wife's 95, and I am doing the locks. Someone has replaced the door at some point in this pathy's life and everything is pretty much wrong. Locks don't work and random stuff like that.

I took the door apart today and noticed what appears to be a magnetic prox switch dangling in the door. I found it in FAST and it comes up as PN 80603-01g00 "switch assy-door lock,LH" It goes to plug number 214D in the door harness. The FSM calls it "Key Switch (Wagon)" It checks out good as per the FSM electrically, but I can't figure out where it actually goes. I pulled apart the passenger side door to see if I could glean some info, but it is dangling too.

I looked on my 90 and my 91, but they don't have this type of switch in the door.

Can anyone help me understand where this little doodad goes?

ahardb0dy, those are exactly what I am talking about. It appears that mine are broken, as the clip part of that is missing, and one of the wires is ripped out. Nissan wants like $90 bucks a piece for them, so hopefully I can find them in a junkyard.

Thanks folks.

Edited by Indigent

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

picked up the left and right side plus the door locks this week for $20.00 at one of my local yards.

My drivers door lock broke and I could only get in from the passenger side what a pain.

had to change the lock pieces to fit my keys.

Just be careful removing the sensors if you find them in a wrecking yard they break easy when they get old

Look at my last picture above, the white part that is attached to the lock cylinder, just above the pink clip, when you turn the key to unlock the white piece passes in front of the black part causing the door lock to unlock, on my 94 I have to turn the key to unlock than back to the neutral position than when I turn the key to unlock again it will unlock all the door locks

Edited by ahardb0dy

Look at my last picture above, the white part that is attached to the lock cylinder, just above the pink clip, when you turn the key to unlock the white piece passes in front of the black part causing the door lock to unlock, on my 94 I have to turn the key to unlock than back to the neutral position than when I turn the key to unlock again it will unlock all the door locks

ahardbody you are close in the description of the operation, I would add that they also are part of the VSS vehicle security system in that they signal the alrm to cancel so it will not go off or lock out the ignition.