Check your metal vent lines..........

Specv1973

Those metal vent lines for the front and rear diffs and the auto trannys are a problem. I noticed after moving some around from their mounts, that some of them had pitted from the outside in and had clooged the vents completely and also were letting water into my diffs. The pits were at just about every mounting clip behind the rubber isolators, so they are impossible to see unless you slide them a bit to check. I'm in the process of running new rubber hoses from all three componets up to the engine compartment, and putting on small see thru fuel filters on the ends to keep dirt and water out when wheeling and to be able to see any contamination. A good height would be around the same height as your intake, to keep water out and to know how deep you can run in water. I did this on a Tacoma I had and it worked great.

mine are good

front diff, tranny (+dummy stering box in my case)and t-case all meet up at a vent high on the firewall. and my rear has been extented to vent in cab just above the tail lights.

Edited by MY1PATH

021.jpg

Kind of hard to see, but just to the right of the mount is the pitting, which has allowed the line to clog. I pulled the line out about an inch to the right of the mount, to show you what is hidden.

Edited by Specv1973

You can barely see anything... surprising that it would be clogged just by that? How did you test, blow through it?

Yeah with a air compressor and air was coming out of the first hole and none coming out the end of the pipe near the firewall where they all meet up. The side to the left of this picture was worse (completely pitted through both sides of the tube) and was so clogged up I thought I could just cut it out and extend a piece of rubber hose from the front diff. That's where I started, but then I heard air coming out of that bracket you see, slid back the tube on that side and same shi#. Started checking all of them at that point and several were pitted or pitted through with the clogs so caked up right there inside the pits if completely through. So long story short....they suck and are getting bypassed with rubber to the engine bay near the same point as the old system exited.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what you get with those crappy metal lines......plugged up and you don't even know it. If you see any pitting anywhere, chances are this is what's inside. Most of the crud flew out when i was cutting this open with my Dremel...it was really packed.

045.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

Edited by Specv1973

Macro setting on your camera, learn to use it. It usually looks like a flower on the camera itself.

Be happy you even got a picture you picky mo-fo......lol......I found it, thanks man. I must have taken that pic 10 times trying to get the center focused, then I gave up. Now I know how to do 2 things on this camera....lol...thanks again.