Need to be reminded

02silverpathy

Just a heads up to everyone out there...keep eyes peeled on those strut insulators.

I had a clunk that sounded like my tie-rods were going bad....strut insulator, drivers side, torn 100%.

1 leap over your standard RR tracks and bam new hole in the pathy for sure. I had Nissan spec parts too. Oh well, I get to replace that tomorrow along with a new strut bearing for confidence and a new CV.

Just a love my path heads up! Check 'em often!

Calling Fueler to the busted my insulator thread!

So 180's pic is of the strut nut washer. Your strut rod goes through here and then bolted snug. If this metal opening wears out your strut will be free to go all willy nilly around your unibody.

The problem I have~err~was that the entire rubber insulator has torn free of the metal casement. I have pics, but don't currently have any hosted to put up. So in this case the entire insulator would bobble around inside the casing making it sound like a bad tie rod.

I am taking a break right now as the dang AC spring does not wish to be compressed to properly fit all of the strut toppings back on~~I got pissed and made a sandwhich, lol I am such a fat kid!

Edited by 02silverpathy