yesterday horrible sound from pathy?

zelix

yo

yesterday mid day, probably had been driving an our beforehand...

was a red light turning left into a merg lane onto the free way, i accelerated to 25km/h, was midway through the turn at the intersection then cablunk.. will try to describe the sound... "a crunched up popcan stuck in the spoke of a bike tire and constant banging" - somthing like that.

i also felt a subtle abnormal vibration. so me and my freind we continued for a few seconds to get onto the straight away and pull onto the grass beside the road, as i stopped the sound stopped, the engine was still running good. turned it off, me and my freind analyzed the engine bay, nothing abnormal, analyzed it reving up, all good. looked under the truck, nothing out of the ordinary, looking in the wheels to see if anything was jammed, nothing. looked on the road, actually found a... meatcleaver? but that couldnt have anything to do with my truck or thered be some noticable damage.

so we got back into into my truck, pulled onto the road and continued onto the freeway doing 80km/h everything felt really good, the sound and vibration was gone.

now im wondering if there was some mechanical fskc up or somthing, i was thinking maybe a belt blew? but all the belts were in place....

anyone got ideas?

yo

yesterday mid day, probably had been driving an our beforehand...

was a red light turning left into a merg lane onto the free way, i accelerated to 25km/h, was midway through the turn at the intersection then cablunk.. will try to describe the sound... "a crunched up popcan stuck in the spoke of a bike tire and constant banging" - somthing like that.

i also felt a subtle abnormal vibration. so me and my freind we continued for a few seconds to get onto the straight away and pull onto the grass beside the road, as i stopped the sound stopped, the engine was still running good. turned it off, me and my freind analyzed the engine bay, nothing abnormal, analyzed it reving up, all good. looked under the truck, nothing out of the ordinary, looking in the wheels to see if anything was jammed, nothing. looked on the road, actually found a... meatcleaver? but that couldnt have anything to do with my truck or thered be some noticable damage.

so we got back into into my truck, pulled onto the road and continued onto the freeway doing 80km/h everything felt really good, the sound and vibration was gone.

now im wondering if there was some mechanical fskc up or somthing, i was thinking maybe a belt blew? but all the belts were in place....

anyone got ideas?

Seems like you blew your meatcleaver. I hope you picked it up, 'cause those original factory ones are gonna cost you!

4x4? Sounds to me like an auto hub may have decided to go on the fritz. The auto locking pin only partially protruding would hit the holes but not fully engage and make a sound like the one you're describing. not a clue how you found a meat cleaver or if it even came from your truck!

Edited by silverton

X2 on the auto hub. I had the same happen to me after a wheeling trip, and it was not a nice sound. Take the auto hub off, clean it up well, and lube it with a LITTLE grease. Too much can cause the issue you're having. I actually started using a liberal dosing of fluid film to lube the hubs, and it's worked very well for me on both auto and manual hubs.

X4 Happened to me a few times this past winter.

Really? ill have to try out the 4x4, but i wasnt in 4x4 and havnt used 4x4 for quite awhile before this happend...