New guy from SOCAL

Whats up guys?

Just found this forum today so thought id join up.

I live down here in southern california. san pedro to be specific

I do custom chassis/suspension fabrication (certified welder) and also work at Derale Performance Cooling www.derale.com. We got some cool products so check it out. (not trying to advertise or anything)

I try to go off roading any chance i have. During the winter im up in Big Bear like 5 times a week snowboarding and then going wheelin if there is sunlight left after im done riding. In the summer i go up like every other weekend so if anybody is local and wants to go hit some trails together im always down

Heres a couple pics of my pathfinder, my other project and a customers titan i finished up not too long ago

(sorry for the clean car pics, got all the dirt pics at home on my camera so ill post em a lil later)

IMG00081-20100727-0812.jpg

IMG00080-20100727-0811.jpg

Here my lil chevy s10 project (all work done by me)

- Full air ride

- Body dropped 3.5 inches

- Fuel Cell

- Triangulated 4-link rear with bag on bar set up

- Full tubular chassis from firewall back

- Rebuilt 4 banger (bored .60 over, perf. pistons, perf. cam, port n polished perfomance head) debating if i wanna throw a turbo on it

-COMING SOON: 383 stroker swap and Cadillac interior and some real paint haha

(i just slapped all the body pieces on real quick to snap these pics so the body gaps arent lined up very well, got them all straight now tho)

before it got totalled and bodydropped

l_e4b4b149948c41babd5ccc2b9b6ae7b3.jpg

after

P1030510.jpg

P1030511.jpg

engine22.jpg

Customers Titan wit a 12" buller proof lift on 38's

P1020228.jpg

P1020230.jpg

P1020231.jpg

Heres some interior work im doin on a H2. glassin in a lil computer

P1020341.jpg

Sorry for the uneven pics. i dunno how to resize them

Edited by pathblazin420

can u guys point me in the right direction for what i need to lift my 98 pathy (r50)???

i heard something about old ford coils working? this true?

im thinking bout making my own strut spacers for the front. anybody done this? seems like it wouldnt be too hard since i made my own for that titan

can someone give me a link for the coil spacers so i could get the idea of what they look like and dimnesion?

thanks

Howdy and Welcome!!

Nice work you do. Holy slammed mini-thing and I'm liking that Titan even though it would never fit down a trail with trees...

Lets see, the WD21/Ford spring trick doesnt work for the R50 IIRC, the springs are different diameter. To lift an R50 you need to install spacers and lift springs (OME sold by ARB IIRC and maybe something at Automotive Customizers.

The other way is a sub frame drop (SFD) that several people have made so you could probably do the same. Look in the R50 and Hard Core Fab sections for more info

As for making spacers, yeah, I'm sure you can handle that... :D

B

Welcome to the board, looks like you won't be having much trouble with doing whatever you want to your rig!

There are leagues of information on this board, and most of the important stuff is pinned at the very top of subforums. Here's a couple links to get you started.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4990

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23821

If you wanna stay 4 bang in the s-series (can you 'truely' call it an s-10 with the complete gmc clip swap? even did the correct hood :aok: ) try an eco-tec swap, don't see that too often. Never was into bags myself, my reflector-collector minitruck days were all suspension. At least you know your way around a tool set! Sorry I ain't too smart(shut up) with r50 stuff but as B said, the Ford coil trick is a wd21 thing. And welcome :welcome: !

thanks for the comments and information guys

bummer bout those springs. thought it would be an easy swap

im just tryin to get the front up about 3 inches and the back maybe an inch. i got some coil spring spacers here at work that i think will fit. the coils are about a 6" diameter right?

bout the front end on my s10. yeah it is a whole sonoma front end, hood and everything. the reason behind is that i rear ended someone like a dumbass so i decided to do somethin different and threw the sonoma nose on. looks my better in my opinion. suprised somone on a nissan forum knows so much bout s10s haha

Welcome dude!

I used to live down in Kali, frequented the snow myself!

But I like guns...so I moved! LOL JK (Hahahahah B)

Nice customizing work, as already said, you know your way around good enough to make that R50 HUGE. DO IT!!!

thanks guys.

yeah the titan is pretty. i really didnt wanna give it back to the customer after i finished it. i drove it around for like 2 days before i told him it was ready hahaha. had to break it in and test it you know? :lol:

yeah so im thinkin bout doin the 4in SFD, lift coil/struts + custom spacers in front and the 4 inch WJ coils in the back. Tryin to get it into a more of a pre runner (i like doing big jumps) so i might fab up some of my own flared fenders too

another crazy lil idea of mine is to make this thing into a portable snowboard rail machine type thing.

what i wanna do is make a big "detachable" rainbow rail going from the top to the back of truck so that i can hit some trails in the winter and then park the truck and session the rail on it with my snowboard. best of both worlds. I kno its gonna suck driving around with a huge metal rail across my truck but the looks on peoples faces would be priceless!

tmoore: Thats cool man. I like guns too . got a sig 223 and g18 glock :D . shhhh dont tell anyone that its fully automatic tho hehe

eyehategod: thats cool man. my girl lives in gardena so im there like half the time. crenshaw and 154th right by el camino college

Edited by pathblazin420

thats cool man. i went there last year and im takin a couple classes next semester too. they got a pretty good automotive program if your interested

yeah im always down to work on @!*% man. i do work on the side outa my garage too. i can charge people less because of i dont need to cover overhead, but it usually takes lil a longer cuz im just doing it in my spare time. but im willin to help u out with whatever man just let me kno

what plans u got for your truck?

yeah i registered to that already :D

i always wanted to go to uti but it seemed a bit pricey so for now imma take the auto tech classes and see if workin on cars is for me.

that would be cool dude, i'm planning on getting a body lift, some suspension lift, and some armor on it(grille guard,rock sliders, back bumber). i need a job first so i can save up for that stuff lol. but for the suspension i just need some new coils and crank the torsion bars a bit so that's prolly goin on first.

do u go wheelin often?

cool man. try to stay away from Mr Stockwell (engine repair classes). Hes a grumpy old fart thats boring ass hell. Try to get Mr Lewis (transmission, brakes, etc...). Hes the best teacher there.

Sounds good man. Go to the junk yard and get some of those old ford or jeep coils and crank those tortions bars up and u got urself a lil lift for cheap.

yeah i try to go like every weekend (big bear usually) but gas has been killin me. I do lil mini wheelin by my work everyday hahah cuz theres like this like football field sized dirt lot that i just mess around in

so if u ever wanna go let me know. im always tryin to find people to go with so im not by myself. its always safer to be with other trucks u kno? i got stuck a few months ago and had to hike like 10 miles down to get some guy to pull me out. i really wanna buy a winch but dont got the cash right now

thanks for the heads up. i dont have either of them, i'm just taking intro to automotive services this semester. if i like it i'll take more next semester.

yeah that was my plan, i would like some new UCAs to though. My whole front suspension is in pretty sorry shape, it makes me wanna just get a solid axle in the front haha

that's cool i'd be down to go sometime, i havent really gone offroading at all cuz none of my friends are into it. they all have corollas and @!*% haha. i wouldnt wanna get stuck on my own either. and a winch would be rad.

where do u work at?

yeah i only got a couple friends that go wheelin and there pussys about hitting real trails so im always looking for someone to roll with

i work a 2 places. The shop where i do all the custom work is called NCR Designs. Im actually in the works of starting up my own place around the torrance area (not too many shops around here that do this kinda work). Gonna be at least a year before that happens tho

the other place i work at is called CP Auto Products. We manufacture performance cooling products (DERALE Performance www.derale.com) and sell some Chinese LED accessories and stuff through Pacer Performance. I do all the tech stuff here, product development, testing etc... and im building this years Sema car for them

haha nice. i'm always wanting to hit a trail but i need at least some A/T tires and the Jeep lift haha.

have u ever been to hungry valley or passed it? i always pass it on the 5 right before the 99 whenever i've gone up north or to bakersfield, or delano.. it seems to have pretty decent trails.

and thats cool are u gonna get to go to sema?

im pretty sure ive passed it before. theres plenty of trails within like an hours drive from the beach cities.

yeah i go to SEMA every year

if i get the s10 done it will be at SEMA

Edited by pathblazin420