replace starter

ChrisPerna

I pulled mine straight out towards the front of the engine, only had to move a bundle of wires out the way. it's tight but easy to do with some patience and a little twisting

I also have a body lift so that might have helped too

Edited by headpeace

when I removed mine I remember having to pull it out towards the front than twisting it so it's backwards and taking it out, don't recall if the first time I replaced it I had a body lift or not, also this was in a D21 so may have been a little easier with the body being higher than on the pathfinder.

It helps to unbolt the motor mount and lift the side of the engine up for clearance. Without any kind of a lift it's a bitch to do. Another thing you can try is lowering the front differential so the starter can drop down.

If you have an auto, the lines to the cooler will also be in the way, for mine we had to undo the bracket on them and bend them slightly to get enough clearance. It will slide out to the front it just takes a little twisting and turning to get it through. No need to undo motor mounts or any BS like that.

ok i finished it thanks guys. anyway i bought a 1995 pathfinder off some guy who said he blew the motor for 500. the truck had 52k on the clock and when you went to crank it it would just click....needed a starter. i put the starter in today and it cranked but wouldnt fire. i called the guy to ask if he unhooked anything and he said "no but i did install plugs, wires, cap, rotor. " the guy thought that was why it was not cranking(&^%*ing retard) so what the guy did was prt the wires in the wrong order. i put them in the correct way and she fired right up. she purs like a kitten.

ok i finished it thanks guys. anyway i bought a 1995 pathfinder off some guy who said he blew the motor for 500. the truck had 52k on the clock and when you went to crank it it would just click....needed a starter. i put the starter in today and it cranked but wouldnt fire. i called the guy to ask if he unhooked anything and he said "no but i did install plugs, wires, cap, rotor. " the guy thought that was why it was not cranking(&^%*ing retard) so what the guy did was prt the wires in the wrong order. i put them in the correct way and she fired right up. she purs like a kitten.

Heh, good deal there man!