CV axles

Tosh

So about a year ago I said I would be able to change my cv axle when i get a job and now i have the money...

So I'm bout to get one and online the cheapest i found was JC whitney...Does anyone run these? I don't know whether to trust them or not..

And also what does gettin a timing belt changed usually run?

JCW has the best price you found? I am showing them at $91 for a new shaft.

Rockauto.com sells new ones for as low as $65 before the 5% discount they are giving to all NPORA members, see their pinned thread in the Parts for sale section. Also consider talking to Alkorahil for Nissan parts and prices, look for his thread in the Services section thumbsup.gif

Have you checked around locally? Online prices for local stores around here are..

O'Reilly lists them for $100 (really beginning to hate them, since they took over CSK Auto), Autozone $60-70, Napa from $54 and CRAP (called for price) (Cut Rate Auto Parts - small local chain) says $70.

Those are mainly reman prices with core charges ranging from 15-100 (100 being average)

Timing belt replacements quotes have ranged from $600's on up to 1500, depending on what else is done with it (ie waterpump, etc). Is this something you have the tools and location that would allow you to do it yourself?

How to Change Your Timing Belt!

Thanks Redpath!

I have been looking locally but there's only about 2 auto stores within 30 miles of me and they have to order em and said it would be around 100 dollars. But thanks for the rockauto advice I had forgot all about that.

And I have the tools to do the timing belt...just not the know how and I don't have a shelter to do it under...

Advanced Auto Parts wants like $75 for them. Then they need a $100 core charge fee. I didn't know about that when I bought mine and JUST got mine out after a month of working at it.

Any questions just come around here. People are usually helpful