Tow hook bolts

OldSlowReliable

You want at least grade 10.9 since they're metric bolts...I need to get 2...I Had 1 loosen up and i laid it on Tombstone at URE and it sheared 3 threads off and put the bolt in yield and gave me deformation...I'd guess that its a M12x.75 or M12x1...I will try to measure a bolt today if i get a chance

Take an old bolt to the hardware store and match the threads, making sure to get grade 8? I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

I did that. Went to 5 different stores and finally paid $3.40 per bolt for 5 but they don't thread. They both threaded into the same nut at the hardware store but I just ruined two bolts and probably a captive nut because they refuse to thread after 2 turns and are a pain to get started.

I believe I got M12x1.25 or 1.5 or something

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I though you had been answered. I'll be home within 4 hours and should have my tow hook sitting on a shelf, waiting for the bolts to be measured. I'll do it then...

B

Pretty sure they are 12x1.25, try threading a bolt into a lug nut, if it fits, that is the thread. I actually tapped mine out on my 93 to fit standard bolts, got tiered of it being a pain to find something to fit easily.

Did you get it taken care of bro?

Haven't touched the truck in two weeks :blush02:

Since I broke a captive nut, I'll look and see if I can drill through the other side and just run a extra long bolt, and I'll see about the new pitch and such