im thinking about SAS'ing my pathy, but i know not what is involved and what i need exactly... im only 16 and dont have to much experience with cars... its not going to be right away. its going to take a while to acquire all the parts cuz i dont have any money... i have like 3 dollas and some change, (im in the process of finding a job) so i have to acquire parts one by one...

EDIT:guess i could do a search and look around for something...

Edited by kyleky07
  • Like 1

Searching would help since it,but I'll give you a idea.

Dana 44 from a full size jeep.

Front leafs,NO BLOCKS,Full spring pack.

Front drive shaft.

Regeared diffs,

Low range tranfercase gears,

Rear lift coils.

The rear axle is strong anuff to live happly with 37 inch tall tires,after that a dana 60/14 bolt/crysler 9 1/4 would be better suited.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you want to do an SAS? Do you plan on wheeling hardcore with it? If it's going to be a daily drive and only used as a weekend warrior on the trail, I'd just leave it IFS. But, that's just my 2 cents. :)

Why do you want to do an SAS? Do you plan on wheeling hardcore with it? If it's going to be a daily drive and only used as a weekend warrior on the trail, I'd just leave it IFS. But, that's just my 2 cents. :)

i dunnno... i just wanna lift it eventually and that seemed like the cheaper way... i think.. :mellow:

• Like 2

im thinking about SAS'ing my pathy, but i know not what is involved and what i need exactly... im only 16 and dont have to much experience with cars... its not going to be right away. its going to take a while to acquire all the parts cuz i dont have any money... i have like 3 dollas and some change, (im in the process of finding a job) so i have to acquire parts one by one...

You could try going back to school. An SAS won't be cheap or easy to do properly by someone with limited experience.

i dunnno... i just wanna lift it eventually and that seemed like the cheaper way... i think.. :mellow:

I Have not got all the parts for my SAS ready yet but i have most of them, I have been building allot of my own parts and rebuilding used parts to keep down cost, at this time I am just over 1000 dollars into the project. A IFS is much cheeper and if you look around you might find a used set for sale from someone that did a SAS.

Regearing and gear setup alone can end up running you over $800. H233b gears are ridiculously expensive and it will cost you at least a couple hundred dollars to get front and rear gears setup by a professional. Most SAS builds that I have followed ended up running $1500-2000 and take anywhere from a month to forever to complete.

Pretty easy if you just buy a kit from 4x4parts.com but you can piece it together as well

You need longer shocks "lift shocks"

New "lift" upper control arms

New t-bars are optional, but definitely recommended

and lift rear springs

after you do all that, take it to an alignment shop.

Rough Country UCAs - Directly from RC OR used UCAs - $100-150

Crank torsion bars - Free

JGC coils and longer shocks in the rear - $100

Idler arm brace ($20-50) and upgraded center link (hoohaa) ($229) OR Calmini HD steering upgrade ($650)