Might as well be new...

I've been away for quite awhile. Since winter '08, so I may as well be new. I've been Pathy-less since my departure, sadly. November of '08 I enlisted in the Army, I'm now stationed in Germany and working as an Apache helicopter mechanic. After driving a BMW for the last year I realized that there is a big hole in my life. A hole that can only be filled by a Pathy. So after searching high and low, scrounging my money by drinking one less fine Bavarian beer a day I am now about to buy a 1990 Nissan Terrano. Going to give her a look this weekend and most likely purchase unless the guy lied to me over the phone. So by this time next week I should have a new Terrano! Time to hit those trails I've been abusing my poor 316i on! It's good to be back, fellas!

Welcome back man, I remember seeing your Pathy around Battle Ground a good while ago and I think I even tried to buy it. :aok:

Good luck with the purchase. Is it a diesel?

Yeah, you likely did see it. I made the STUPID mistake of letting my girlfriend borrow it after she wrecked her rig. And when it came time to register, instead of being hassled with a power of attorney to have her re-reg it, I signed the title over to her so she could do it herself. We're no longer together and she sold it a few months ago to someone in eastern Washington. By the way, does anyone on here have an '87 SE that slips out of 3rd gear? Cause it's mine! But I'm out a $700 rig cause I was a dumb@$$. Oh well, it's good to donate to charity, and the old schlampe most certainly is.

Anyway, I searched high and low for a diesel. Well, any Terrano for that matter. Even a VG30 was hard to find. Germany has had a program similar to the Cash for Clunkers deal since the '80s so I reckon most old, non fuel efficient (by most people's standards) rigs got scrapped for a government discount. The few diesels I found were either rusted to hell or ridiculously costly. Plus when I ship it back getting that diesel to be approved by customs based on emissions would be a real pain. What I might do is pull a diesel motor from a junkyard and ship it back with me, so I can install it after I have the rig in the US.

Monday is the day! Should be inspected, reg'd and insured by Tuesday. Early plans are a set of 31'' shoes for her to wear with a 3'' suspension lift by fall. Any further mods will wait until I'm stateside again. Although, having a 3+3 lift rolling on 33s down the Autobahn would be a blast... :rolleyes:

Here's a photo!

:welcome:

Mine came from Germany (only country in Europe that sold them) to Portugal.

The rust is the same old problem because of the salt on Winter.

Good luck and post some pics after.

Edited by teixeira

Went and had a look yesterday. The online pictures didn't show the rear end. And for good reason. The tire carrier had been removed and the bolt holes were horribly rusted and flaking. Decided against buying. If I were back in the states I would have the necessary means to remedy the rust. But here I have neither the time nor somewhere to perform the task. I may just wait until I come back stateside to buy another Pathfinder. A year is a long time, I know. But any Pathy I buy will be an investment and I don't want to get a shoddy one on impulse only to have a hell of a time importing it in a year. Sad day, I know.