What grille should I keep?

1987Bama

Which Grille  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the one you like best

• 87 grille
    • 91 grille
    • Switch them back n forth to confuse the Jeep owners

I decided to throw the grille i took of the 91 in the JY and now I am not sure which one to keep.

Cast your votes.

Grille from the 87

grille1.jpg

Grille for the 91

grille2.jpg

Edited by 1987Bama

I appreciate the humor but its 105 heat index(lets not talk Humidity) in Alabama and I not sure swapping them back n forth will be that much fun.lol

Edited by 1987Bama

2 Phillips screws per marker light (don't need to take the front screws out, just let them flop to the side) and 5 plastic clips man. 5 minutes tops if yodrop a screw and it blends with the ground. Takes more effort for me to switch my taillights regulary. (not ragging you, I just know it ain't a big deal, heat or cold)

• Like 1

2 Phillips screws per marker light (don't need to take the front screws out, just let them flop to the side) and 5 plastic clips man. 5 minutes tops if yodrop a screw and it blends with the ground. Takes more effort for me to switch my taillights regulary. (not ragging you, I just know it ain't a big deal, heat or cold)

I appreciate your vote of confidence but im 6'3 300.And yes,it is very easy.But it takes a few beers to cool me back off.This nthen leads me into wanting to do things to Casper you shouldn't do when ur hot and drinking brewskies.

And the bumper is tweaked on the passenger side anyway.I have to take it all apart and replace it soon to square the front back up.I see even more beers in my future.lol

I fixed the Poll....vote away.lmao

And i really need to find another fog lite cover.Looks like it is snaggle toothed

Edited by 1987Bama

• 2 weeks later...

5 minutes tops if yodrop a screw and it blends with the ground.

:rofl:

but seriously now. The metal mesh looks better; especially if you paint it to match the body. And, it does allow better airflow for that 105F( I know it helps up here with our 49C(120F) summers, but not so much with our -37C(-35F) winters).

besides, I doesn't look like the 91 grille match up eith you corner light properly.

I say stay with the 80's, and thank you. I was looking at the same change, but now that i've seen them side by side I'm sticking with my 89.

lol, as if us screwing around hasn't helped, now the poll is dead even xD

I'm liking the idea of the painted mesh to match the body

and then with the red pinstripe extending through the top row.... it'd look pretty cool imo :)

• 2 weeks later...

:rofl:

but seriously now. The metal mesh looks better; especially if you paint it to match the body. And, it does allow better airflow for that 105F( I know it helps up here with our 49C(120F) summers, but not so much with our -37C(-35F) winters).

besides, I doesn't look like the 91 grille match up eith you corner light properly.

I say stay with the 80's, and thank you. I was looking at the same change, but now that i've seen them side by side I'm sticking with my 89.

It doesn't line up because the bumper is tweaked from a slight front end collision.And the corner light is broken at the mounting point on bottom.I will be replacing the bumper and support before the brush guard and whatever grille i decide goes on.

You aint ever been to lower Bama in July or august have you?

lol

Thinking hard makes u bead up with sweat.