FNG Checking In

McKenna

Hows it going guys,

I'm Mac and just recently bought a 89' SE that is in excellent and recently had the Engine rebuilt. I figured it would be a good idea to register here and try to gain some knowledge on these things and since I'm gonna be using it as a DD & Trail rig I'm sure I found the right Pathfinder Community.

Look forward to shooting the breeze & hopefully wheel'n with some of you in the future.

Welcome Mac, and congrats on the new pathy!! You are a bit far south of me but maybe I'll be down there some day. As for learning about your truck, I'm sure we can help you out. ;)

B

Welcome man! As you read by now... we like pictures, don't be shy with em. And don't forget to rub it in B's (Precise1) face that you have a...

TBI 2 DOOR!

• 3 weeks later...

im not sure if mckenna is coming back cause on cl i found a post saying the pathy he was getting was a rip off cause the guy lied about everything on the pathy and what not ill try to find the link

my bad mckenna for posting this but your MIA

forget the linke here is the post

I drove all the way from Santa Barbara to look at this Pathfinder that the guy named Gary had for sale and said it was in Excellent shape, No Body Damage, Doesn't leak, clean title and registered. HE is Full of it, this thing leaked oil, it had Body Rot on the Front Right fender that was rotted through, the paint was fading. It needs a New front windshield, the brakes are so bad when you get on them the peddled shakes and you feel it BAD. LOOKS NOTHING LIKE IT DID IN THE PICTURES!!! The Pathfinder is out of Registration 2 Months, the engine was so Dirty that its hard to believe that he had the Engine rebuilt in March. He said the truck has 40K Miles on the trucks Rebuilt engine but the Engine was REBUILT IN MARCH OF 2010. The truck is NOT EVEN REGISTERED TO "HIM" and the title is in someone else's name. HE did get the SUV smogged but it took his Mechanic THREE DAYS to get it to pass.

I specifically told the guy that I would drive up & buy it if it was what he described which was an Excellent Shaped Pathfinder that looked like NEW and Ran great. This was all LIES... The only reason I am writing this is to save someone the headache of buying a lemon and even possibly a stolen vehicle with how he acted. He was rude to my whole family whom I rode up w/ over 90 Miles and he took off after I told him I wanted to check w/ the DMV first before I bought it, just to make sure it wasn't stolen, or had a Lien on it.

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS DUDE AS POSSIBLE.

UPDATE: At 6:33pm this evening a voice mail message on a phone that I borrowed to use to call this guy had a threatening message of harm for trying to inform all those potential buyers out there about this scam deal. The Owner has deleted his posts off of Craigslist.