eliminating the torsion bars?

I was thinking of doing this a while ago but never did, probably won't do it now either but wanted to ask. Anyone ever remove the torsion bars and mount a set of coil overs/struts like the newer trucks use?

lol, funny you ask because i plan on doing this next weekend. only thing is i dunno what the spring rate is of our T-bars so i dunno what coils to get.

Well i know that SAS pathys go with 300-400 spring rate but i thought that would be too soft with IFS, then i found out that that the 2nd gen X is only about 300lbs heavyer then our pathys, and they use about 450-500 rate. so now i have 300 lbs coils and 500 lbs coils sitting at my house and i think ill try the 500 first and swap to the 300 if my ride is too stiff.

oh and i choose to lose the T-bars because im running IFS on 7" lift, and ive found that the T-bars trasfer weight horribly on top of the fact that ive pretty much beat them so bad that they are starting to bind up.

I'll bet you'll have excellent downward articulation!! :lol:

B

And upper bumpstops that look like pancakes in no time! :laugh:

This is a pretty cool idea. I don't mind t bars...they are a tried and true design. But the coil over design is awesome, and easier to field repair (depends on how you look at it...)