rear window strut removal

ahardb0dy

yes the ball mount unscrews from the hatch, I just cut the ball mount in half on the old strut, the struts I found in the junkyard have the metal retaining clips so they are easy to install or replace next time. Now need to find some for the whole door

I bought new struts from AZ one day for the glass...still haven't swapped them because they are certainly NOT factory replacement...am going to have to mod the fire out of a mount for them to work...figures...

You sure they are the correct ones? Replacements should have the upper mount (where it bolts to the hatch) reinstalled and non removable.

And now that I think about it, the replacements that I got came with new ball stud/joints that you had to pop the cup onto for the windows mount.

the one's I bought from the junkyard that were on the 99 PF had the correct upper mount just the bottom mount had the metal clips that make them easy to remove, and they are skinnier too, but they work and they were cheap!!

Found out today the lower end had to be almost cut in half to get the ball mount out, is there an easier way??

i did that with my first set...the ones i bought didnt come with balls so i had to reuse them and the only way to get htem out was as you stated b/c i didnt have a puller

it wasn't that hard to do just would have thought the strut would have been easier to remove, are the factory struts for the whole door the same way?

What I meant was the "aftermarket" struts I purchased from AZ are not just drop in. I am going to have to use some of the old factory hardware to mount them. I hate it when the dang glass comes back down and pops me in the head...one of these days when I am wearing kevlar it will shatter the thing and then what...I am SOL!