intake project on the go

if i were honestly going for "more" performance, i'd think about the shield. The reason I put it in was 1. for a little bit more-than-stock performance(which it has), and 2. It looks great and sounds RETARDED as i pull away from newer pathies at the green light.

Edited by LittleReD89

Its really hard to tell. When I outted the cat and stock fan, I noticed a huge difference. After the intake it felt like maybe 1/2 the increase I got from removing the fan and everything runs SO much smoother. Add in the look and sound of it and I'd say It a pretty good deal for $100. I probably won't get the full effect until I put on the pacesetters that are sitting in my storage room. But that will have to wait until I don't need the truck for a few days. All in, I've taken about 2.5 seconds off of the stock acceleration times, and the low-end torque feels a bit better. I plan on putting it an a dyno to see what i'm getting at the wheel, before I decide whether I want to go forced induction or not. That's next summer's project.

I'm curious to see how you got the 300zx engine in there. I wanted to, but I thought I wouldn't fit with the DOHC and all the extra piping. Did you swap ECU's for fuel mgmt.

Edited by LittleReD89

I'm curious to see how you got the 300zx engine in there. I wanted to, but I thought I wouldn't fit with the DOHC and all the extra piping. Did you swap ECU's for fuel mgmt.

Early 300s had SOHC like ours.