Still Cant Find The Problem

dirk

Well i'm definetly getting to the point of pushing my pathfinder off a cliff. This is the problem after hour of driving I turn off the ignition and turn it back on and boom thing sounds like crap! and the tac is vibrating like crazy and the exhaust is super loud. Sounds like its not firing correctly but it only happens once its at opperating temperature, and it doesn't go any faster then 10km/h. Replaced the MAF with a new one, brand new ECU temp sensor straight from the stealership, new cap checked every spark plug cable they all read fine, coil reads fine. checked the ECU for codes only gives me the normal opperating code. Havent tried replacing the o2 sensor but could that be the main problem of all this? Then once I let it sit for an hour or two its fine to drive till it warms up again.

I haven't really noticed but i'll check it out. Should it stink bad even for the first time I start it or only after i've driven it and it starts to crap out?

I didn't really smell anything but I took the cat off anyways lol noticed more power but same problem is occurring! And it seems like its starting to crap out faster and faster each day. i'll be driving at 50km when the problem is starting to happen and i'll floor it and it just gets loud but doesn't drive any faster.

Possible that the ECU is bad? I dunno, grasping at straws here - someone had this issue before IIRC, but I can't think of their name else I'd look it up for ya

So I changed the o2 sensor with a brand new one same issue but its not as bad. Is it possible the timing belt is off? I guess that will be my next straw to grasp..... :headwall:

Okay so I grabbed a ECU from the scrap yard, off the same pathfinder and now the ECU is giving me a code and its code 35 I think the one to do with the detonation sensor, could this be the whole cause of my problem? Or is this ECU just storing an old code from the previous pathfinder?

I don't believe it is possible to store a code from another vehicle after being unplugged, but part of the checking for codes tells you how to clear them, sooo, clear them and try again. Sounds like you are onto something though...

B

I don't believe it is possible to store a code from another vehicle after being unplugged, but part of the checking for codes tells you how to clear them, sooo, clear them and try again. Sounds like you are onto something though...

B

Wow I am totally pissed, so I attempted to changed my knock sensor and my bloody pathfinder doesn't even have a knock sensor its just a freakin rusted hole! I took apart the whole intake manifold for nothing sweet... and there isn't even a cylinder head sensor just another rusted hole! k death to pathfinder.