Nebie W/94 Xe

Hey all,

Just traded for this 94 and im learning all things nissan right now. Ive currently own another import a 99 mits galant w/200,000 on it. I traded my ol 88 f150 for it and think im gonna like this pathfinder. Couple of things the speedo needle jumps all over the place, and the check engine light is on. It seems to run fine and shift good. No probs with the 4wheel drive either. What are some simple things i need to look for first? I maintain vehicles well so just some concerns at what i should tackle first. And what are some good pathy parts catalogs? Thanks guys looks like im hooked!

First off ... Welcome! Check some of the pinned stuff for your year range (90-95) wd21 stuf and the garage sections, the basic maintnance stuff I 'think' is basicly there for ya and I remember a fiew thing(though I don't remember where) about speedo issues. I would crawl under it and check your frame over GOOD as well. Also, don't be shy about puttin some pics of it up and enjoy!

definately start by pulling the codes. IT is unlikely tha tthe spedo issue will cause a CEL so there is something else it is complaining about. I have the spedo issue intermittently and I believe it's a solder joint in the instrument cluster (a topic addressed on the boards also) but since it does not matter to me how fast I am going (I drive by braille), I have not looked into it. If you have a CEL, you are probably not running as well as possible and probably getting poor mileage.

Check the codes in the pinned post,and welcome,I too have a old flat nose ford(89) The pathy will probly be much cheaper to run(ball joint go out once a year in those fords)Change the t-belt,add a cooler for the tranny if its a auto and you should run without aproblem to 250k,oh and check the frame for rust,thats a big thing on pathys,welcome to the forum...

Welcome Bud!! Congrats on the new Pathfinder!! k9sar set you right, go to the Garage/How To section and follow the directions on how to read the ECU codes. As for the speedo, 94-95 are electronic and prone to random issues. One easy thing is to pull the cluster and tighten the brass screws in back (ground points) and check all connections. Sometimes this helps, other times you have to replace the unit...

B