One More Sfd

DanAK

Well I hope everyone likes it. Big thanks to Shift220, Michiganave, and Tmorgan4 for the information and inspiration.

IMG_7979_1.jpg

IMG_7981_2.jpg

IMG_7985_3.jpg

It is a 3" SFD with the OME .5in lift suspension and I used the same steering setup as Shift220. In the rear I did two spacers on each spring instead of one and I will take one spacer out when I get the AC lift springs. Right now the set up is not really finished because I still need to do a panhard extension and get new shocks. It is still on the stock length OME shocks and right now I have 1" of travel in the rear. I am running 33x12.5/15" BFG tires on powder coated Micky Thomson wheels. It needed small amounts of trimming and I had to fold some sheet metal in the front.

IMG_7908_7.jpg

3" lift blocks

IMG_7912_4.jpg

IMG_7914_5.jpg

Bottom rear spacers, bolted in with 3 bolts

IMG_7915_6.jpg

Top rear spacer with broken bump stop protruding. I will have to replace this when I change the shocks.

It still needs some work but its pretty close to finished. I hope to run either radflow or king shocks in the back, and I will not do a panhard drop bracket but just replace it with a longer tube.

Where abouts are you located? I don't recognize the plate but the writing looks like Arabic. UAE, perhaps? :scratchhead:

Yep I am living in the UAE, but I am from Alaska.

Man im liking the look of those grey flares against the silver paint........another thing I can paint in my spare time with my left over paint :wiggle: Oh the pathys lookin good too, those tires give it a nice stance :aok:

Why resist? ;)

I want to lift my QX4 when I get the chance. Not a SFD though. I'll probably go with HD OME.

mostly because i don't need a lift. i don't wheel or anything like that. i go back and forth to the snow a lot, and that's about as serious as it gets. some camping, but nothing serious at all.

when it comes down to replacing my suspension down the road when it's getting pretty beat up, i'd probably opt for the OME suspension since it'd be cheaper than to replace with factory parts, anyways. as for right now, i don't have the funds, or the extra funds for fuel costs, or the extra funds for larger tires. :)

Man im liking the look of those grey flares against the silver paint........another thing I can paint in my spare time with my left over paint :wiggle: Oh the pathys lookin good too, those tires give it a nice stance :aok:

The grass is always greener on the other side. Just two days ago I was thinking to get my trim painted to mach the body like your pathfinder. But I do like my trim better now with the black wheels on.

Cool! That's a long way from home. Hope you're likin' it. :)

Yeah its not bad out here but summer is coming on now and that always sucks. No more Dune Bashing until it gets back down below 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Now that I have a photobucket account I will try to post some pre-SFD dune videos in the pics and videos section.

what are you doing in UAE?

I work for a small company called Trident Support that builds the worlds tallest flag poles. So I do construction and rope access mostly.

For God's sake, where did you get the rear spacers ???

I got all my parts made at a small work shop that I found run by a bunch of Indians that didn't speak much English. I showed them my car and tried to get the idea across about what I wanted, then I gave them the spring and the rubber spacer to take measurements from. They came back to me with the most kick-ass spacers. Also I can fit a rubber spacer at the bottom and the top so it will be easy for me to add another half inch lift to the back.

The front parts took a bit more work and didn't look as pretty at the end, and the strut spacers were a nightmare :suicide:

How's your alignment?

My alignment is okay now, but it took forever to get it right. I will get one set of camber bolts just to have that adjustment option but I don't really need them.

What wheels and offset are you using? they look like they stick out quite a bit

I am using Micky Thompson 15" rims that I had powder coated. I am pretty sure the back spacing is 3.31". I don't think I can stuff the wheels in the back. I may order some new wheels in the future with more BS for the back but for now its not that important for my sand driving. I can always buy new fenders if I bust up the ones I have. Right now I am more worried about breaking, I did an emergency stop today at a light and the breaks locked up really fast and I squealed to a halt just in time to not run over the car in front of me. Anyone think the Power Slot rotors with hawk break pads will help?