Really Bad Mpg

ahardb0dy

Don't know if my guy checked the timing, he put a new belt and tensioner on, truck runs perfect other than an exhaust leak somewhere, think it may be the muffler I saw some rust on it and it looks like it is the original muffler, I also still have to replace the O2 sensor.

Mine dont work,I ran out of gas once,but it was idling on a slop in my parents drive way...in the rain and the battory wasnt holding a charge so...I had a fun time pushing it to a flat spot and then jumping there winter beater to jump my truck so i could put it back in its spot...

anyone know how many gallons your supposed to be down to before the light will come on? The gas tank is like 18.3 gallons isn't it? I put 16.8 in mine today and the light wasn't on and I know the bulb works at least still doesn't mean the light works though.

It's a 21 gallon tank. I've fit 20.7 gallons in my old Pathfinder and it wasn't even empty because it was driving just fine.

My light comes on at around 3 gallons left. I used to be able to consistently tell when I need to get gas based off the light and mileage, until my gas mileage dropped significantly. Now as soon as that thing comes on I head straight for a gas station and pray there's enough money in my account before I swipe the card. :lol:

No word of a lie, best I've ever gotten was 28mpg. You're all probably thinking "Yeah right, you messed up on the calculation..." I swear to god, I didn't mess up on the calculation, and I recorded how much fuel went in, and recorded the distance traveled to a T. 28mpg. From the Sumas USA/CAN border crossing to Chinook WA, on the coast. That was several years ago...