Wheel Spacers

Just wondering where's a good place to find reasonably priced set of 4 of these. I might as well see if I can find these without blowing $330USD by going through AC... That's just ridiculous. :thumbsdown:

If anyone can throw out some ideas, it would be much appreciated. Thanks! :happy:

Ebay is your best option in my opinion. Any wheel spacer for a toyota should work. Here is the site I got mine from they delivered real fast and the spacers went on with ease and were of good quality.

http://www.trail-gear.com/wheel-spacers

Probably also want to get the flip socket they have because you will need a thin walled socket to put on the spacers. I also only have spacers in the front though i imagine you shouldnt have a problem with the rear.

I bought mine from them : http://cgi.ebay.ca/WHEEL-SPACERS-CHEVY-TOYOTA-NISSAN-6-X-5-5-12MMX1-5-1-5_W0QQitemZ110519965444QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19bb80d704#ht_2302wt_1165

they are excellent quality and comes with the 24 nuts... price is unbeatable and have been running for more than a year now both front and back. I use 1.25'' though... contact them.. they make all sizes...

Just a warning but everyone should be careful when buying wheel spacers off of Ebay. My good friend used some on his truck and soon found out that the stud was not seated completely in the spacer (his torque wrench showed correct torque). Not a structural issue as he used the spacer afterwards just fine but it is something to check.

http://stores.ebay.com/CompleteValue-Wheel-Spacers is the best seller that I have personally bought from and I know many others that have. I think 1.25" might be the minimum spacer to be able to bolt on (at least from him). I have purchased 3 sets including a 3" wide set that have been flawless. Good pricing also.

Thanks for the input! :beer:

The wheels I want have 3.75" backspacing so I'm thinking these might just do the trick:

1" spacers

Hopefully, this doesn't make turning too hectic... :shrug:

the 1 inch spacer might require you to trim your studs... you did saw that warning right ???

link fixed : http://cgi.ebay.ca/NISSAN-TOYOTA-GMC-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTER-1-0-6-X-5-5_W0QQitemZ400115114570QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5d28b8224a#ht_2264wt_1165

So what's the deal with spacers/adapters? I've heard some people say spacers are dangerous and adapters are fine, and vice versa. Does it just come down to build quality or are either inherently dangerous?

So what's the deal with spacers/adapters? I've heard some people say spacers are dangerous and adapters are fine, and vice versa. Does it just come down to build quality or are either inherently dangerous?

I have some of the same questions, I have heard both good and bad things about wheel spacers, along with both types ie: the bolt on and then the slip over your studs kind. Which kind is more benificial and would last longer? I have a set of 13.5" wide TSL Super Swampers and they wont fint unless I have a 1.25" spacer so they clear my strut... Any ideas?

There is nothing dangerous about them if you use them properly. They're made of aluminum and bolt to your hub just like any rim. Neither of them should ever wear out or break. If you do slip on, keep it less then 1/2" thick. Bolt-on is probably a minimum of 1.25" thick and I've used up to 3" thick. Most importantly, make sure you have enough thread engagement with whatever you use.

1 thing you MUST respect..

Torque specs

These are aluminum...If you torque them until your air gun stops (which will be around 200+), you will actually compress the spacer and change it's shape, then the bolts will start to loosen... When you order them, there is a warning note on it that says between 90 and 100 ft/lbs.... Buy yourself a torque wrench if you do not have one and follow this simple rule...

They are not the old cast spacers from old days... they are machined to precision from a solid block.. These things are great... enough of this non-sense fear of losing a wheel crap... :-)

I don't even have loc-tite on mines and I change my wheels every 5000km for the rotation and they never lose 1 pound of torque... If you follow this simple rule, YOU WILL BE OK !

Edited by fleurys

the 1 inch spacer might require you to trim your studs... you did saw that warning right ???

link fixed : http://cgi.ebay.ca/N...#ht_2264wt_1165

Thanks for fixing my bunk link. :beer:

And I'm not sure what you mean by 'the warning'... Regarding trimming the studs? :scratchhead:

There is nothing dangerous about them if you use them properly. They're made of aluminum and bolt to your hub just like any rim. Neither of them should ever wear out or break. If you do slip on, keep it less then 1/2" thick. Bolt-on is probably a minimum of 1.25" thick and I've used up to 3" thick. Most importantly, make sure you have enough thread engagement with whatever you use.

I'm wondering what I should do. I only need an extra 0.5" combined with the backspacing of the wheels I want (3.75") in order to achieve 3.25" total BS to clear the struts. That being said, would I be better off getting adapter plates to get that extra 0.5" clearance or getting 1.0" spacers and have to trim studs?

This is more confusing than I expected... :doh:

Well right now I have 31x10.5 Mud Terrains and they are about 1" away from my struts; I just went out and got 33x13.5 after putting in my SFD and when I test fitted them they were a good 1/2"-1" under my strut so if I bottomed out the strut would hit the tire. So how much of a spacer would I need and do I have to do some more trimming to get these puppies to turn? And with the 31's on the rear I can stuff them all the way into the wheel well no problem, I don't think I can with the 33s because they are to wide.... Plus if I put spacers on the front I am going to do the rear also to keep the simitry even; so that is going to push them out more........ What to do????

Edited by muddfildvaynes

And I'm not sure what you mean by 'the warning'... Regarding trimming the studs?

I just wanted to make sure you knew about the 'extra' procedure with these... So it's not a simple bolt on anymore....

You really have to choose which troubles you want... cause if you do not have an extra half inch of threaded space on your studs, then you will have to buy new longer studs and install them if you go with the plates.... or you cut your existing studs with the 1 inch spacer.... or you do like me (i'm lazy)..you buy 1.25 inch spacer and be done with it in an hour... :whistle:

Edited by fleurys

I just wanted to make sure you knew about the 'extra' procedure with these... So it's not a simple bolt on anymore....

You really have to choose which troubles you want... cause if you do not have an extra half inch of threaded space on your studs, then you will have to buy new longer studs and install them if you go with the plates.... or you cut your existing studs with the 1 inch spacer.... or you do like me (i'm lazy)..you buy 1.25 inch spacer and be done with it in an hour... :whistle:

Yeah, keeping it simple is always the best option. And I wouldn't call that lazy. It's smart, if you ask me. :togo:

I'm totally fine with getting 1.25" spacers as I have no issues with a wider stance. Especially with a lifted truck, the wider the better. :aok:

However, a wide stance can lead to steering issues. I want to make sure I can clear 33x12.5 tires up front and keep the steering rub to a minimum. :happy:

Thanks RedPath88!

But looks like the link you posted got buggered up a bit.

Here is the wheel spacer page i believe you were linking to: http://ruggedrocksof...cers-c-645.html

beer.gif

Strange, both links take me to the same place, but yours has a cleaner URL.

Edited my original post to clean it up :aok:

Nevermind...

The website was non-specific but I got an e-mail from BR and they only offer their steelies with custom backspacing. Looks like I gotta go with spacers if I want to run the Viper 900s... :(

I've come to the conclusion that I'll just go with spacers so I can go with the wheels I want.

These look pretty beefy and I'm always game to support fellow Pathy enthusiasts. :aok:

Rugged Rocks 1.25" spacers

This means I won't have to trim any studs and I can go with the BR Viper 900s! :jig:

tekazgtr1984, I thought you want to run 33x12.5R15's on 15x8 wheels with 3.75" backspacing? Those should clear your strut fine. I have 31x10.5R15 on my truck right now with the same spec wheels and it looks like I have plenty of room to fit 33x12.5's and I've read the same statement around NPORA a few times... If I were you I'd just get the tires/wheels you want and see how they fit, if you need to you can run your existing tires/wheels while you order up spacers. You gotta remember that if you space your tires/wheels out too much than they're gonna hit the outer parts of the fender when you try to stuff them...

ps. those viper wheels you're interested in look sweet.

Edited by HitTheTrails

tekazgtr1984, I thought you want to run 33x12.5R15's on 15x8 wheels with 3.75" backspacing? Those should clear your strut fine. I have 31x10.5R15 on my truck right now with the same spec wheels and it looks like I have plenty of room to fit 33x12.5's and I've read the same statement around NPORA a few times... If I were you I'd just get the tires/wheels you want and see how they fit, if you need to you can run your existing tires/wheels while you order up spacers. You gotta remember that if you space your tires/wheels out too much than they're gonna hit the outer parts of the fender when you try to stuff them...

ps. those viper wheels you're interested in look sweet.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'd look just swell on the R50. :lol:

I've heard that 3.75" backspacing on a 15x8 wheel running 33x12.5 tires is enough to clear the struts; when I first planned on going SFD I posted up a thread (which, for the life of me I can't find) regarding wheels and that was confirmed. Then I also read how it may not work... Which left me one confused and misled fellow... :huh:

I'm going to take your advice and try the wheels and tires first. If it doesn't work, then I get to throw some money at spacers... :mellow: