Torsion Bars

wilson

howdy

after having lifted my front end, I find that the ride is too stiff for my liking on anything but pavement. I think that I cranked them a little too much causing very little down travel. but still the ride is not great after backing them off a bit.

do you think that aftermarket bars(stiffer), utilizing less preload, will improve this? if so which do you prefer? I've only seen calmini and SAW. any others?

Edited by wilson

You named the only 2 companies that make "stiffer" T-bars.

You said you backed them off, how much? General rule is to leave at least 1/2" gap between the upper bump stop and the upper control arm.

How are your shocks? Did you replace them when you cranked? If they are shot, then they won't soak up any of the bumps, and it is just your tires and bump stops for cushioning.

You named the only 2 companies that make "stiffer" T-bars.

You said you backed them off, how much? General rule is to leave at least 1/2" gap between the upper bump stop and the upper control arm.

How are your shocks? Did you replace them when you cranked? If they are shot, then they won't soak up any of the bumps, and it is just your tires and bump stops for cushioning.

yeah, I probably got about 3/8" clearance in between the bump stop and UCA. I'll back that off a bit more. brand new shocks where put in with the UCAs. I'm still not sure that 1/8" isnt gonna soften up the ride enough for me.

was looking thru an old Jim Conner racing catalog that I have last night and it says they are the only one's that make the 2 stage bars for Nissan, I thought sway a way was making all their bars but not sure as sway a way doesn't list a 2 stage bar on their site either. I know someone was selling them for toyota's maybe it was Downey but there bars used a metal sleeve that ran part way up the bar to engage the second stage, unlike the way the Nissan 2 stage bars were set up.

man I had so many cool parts on my Hardbody when I traded it in, should have took them off before I traded it in!! If I had only known I would have another Nissan truck later on down the road!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...