Frame Question For You Early Models.

Dowser

Hey.

Just wondering about the frames on the early model Pathfinders. Now most know that they used a different metal composition in the 90's then their previous years so it got me wondering just how different the frames would be.

Other then the Metal composition, did the old 2 doors have different body mount locations or anything different then a 4 door 90's version? I ask cause there's been some nice listing now and then I see for Older Pathfinders and I cant help but wonder how nice it would be to find one with very little frame rust somewhere and see what it would entail as far as modifications would be concerned to have a frame swap with a 90-95 Pathfinder to take advantage of the better frame material.

If I had spent a ton of time and money on a 90-95 pathfinder to have the Frame rot out, instead of parting it out or swapping all the components onto another already rusted out frame, perhaps one could just buy a early model Pathy and make use of the frame.

So..... Differences?

Thats what I thought as well. I basically thought there might be slight changes primarily cause of the body lift packages that sell. I wasn't for sure on anything else.

Thanks.

If this one ever rots out I think that's the route I'll go.... So long as there's still a Pathy that old out there somewhere in the non salt states that the Cash for Clunkers doesn't steal from us.

how about these:

k03fhk.jpg

zwgb3a.jpg

they list different part numbers for different years but these are the only 2 images that come up, one shows left side components the other right side components