Sfd Finally Installed

Ok so the whole lift kit is installed, now I just need to finish off some loose ends and the truck is back on the raod.... I am doing a brake job and need to bleed the brakes after replacing the lines, the steering linkage needs to be fabbed up and I will probably end up rotating the rack in order to get the angle not so extreme. I have Mile Marker manual hubs coming in at the end of the month, I need to build a bracket to relocate the power steering bracket off the subframe because the drop was to much for the original bracket. I had to use F350 Super Duty Rancho RS5000 which needed new bushings pressed in on one side but I got them to fit. The only problem I am having is with that big spring on the back of the rear diff is not long enough and I am trying to figure out where I can get a extended one.... Oh and I need to put my skid plate on after I paint it and do the rest of the fab work

0411001828.jpg

0411001819a.jpg

0411001819.jpg

0411001815.jpg

Edited by muddfildvaynes

Awesome. Happy to see one of my kits finally installed!

So your up 4" plus 2" from springs in the front? Looks nice and high for sure.

Yup, the front is actually about 1.5" higher than the rear.... I am thinking of either putting in rear coil spacers to make up the difference or let it be and when I get a bumper put on it will weight it down.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

What is the big spring you are talking about?

And what did you do for the rear lift? i.e., what springs did you use?

The spring in the rear that goes from your body to a lever on the rear diff which is the proportion valve to change the braking ration from more to less in the rear when towing. Mine isn't long enough, so I need to get a longer one.... I custom ordered my springs from Coilsprings.com there is a thread in here on them....

yeah my highschool girlfriend had those tail lights 10 years ago so ever since then i just feel like rice lights are for girls and people stuck in 1999

but the lift is so bad ass it makes you look right past the tail lights...

yeah my highschool girlfriend had those tail lights 10 years ago so ever since then i just feel like rice lights are for girls and people stuck in 1999

but the lift is so bad ass it makes you look right past the tail lights...

Well it is a 99.5 Pathy.... lol; no problem I love them and the rock guards make them look even better!

The spring in the rear that goes from your body to a lever on the rear diff which is the proportion valve to change the braking ration from more to less in the rear when towing. Mine isn't long enough, so I need to get a longer one.... I custom ordered my springs from Coilsprings.com there is a thread in here on them....

I thought you were talking about the load sensing valve but I wanted to make sure. Let us know how your custom springs settle and wear since other people may want to get them...

Very nice, did you also order the front coil spring from coilspring.com. maybe that explains the front is being taller, with the taller spring, you need to get a ARB front bumper and wench and that will level it out. :rofl: like mine. that's about adding 160 lbs to the front end. oh get a steering link out of a 1991 Honda accord, fits like a glove and never had a issued.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Looking good!

The only problem I am having is with that big spring on the back of the rear diff is not long enough and I am trying to figure out where I can get a extended one....

Unless you want to change the spring rate, I can't see why a rigid extension that moves one of the spring mounting points back to the stock separation distance wouldn't work.

What ever the stock distance between spring mounts is what you want to shoot for, a differnt spring will change the spring rate unless you figure what the stock spring is and order a new one accordingly.

I thought you were talking about the load sensing valve but I wanted to make sure. Let us know how your custom springs settle and wear since other people may want to get them...

That's exactly what he is talkink about.

That's exactly what he is talkink about.

It is what I am talking about... And thanks Bowtied, I will probably end up making the bracket to extend it but need to try and keep the stock spring rate with this spring.... or I will just take it off completely....

Edited by muddfildvaynes

my friend took his off his taco and it seems to work fine as usual. Then again, he also added a propertioner valve. But its wide open as of ow as if it wasn't there, and thats the best results we had so far. He also is usimg 3/4 ton chevy brakes though...

Jose

Just put the steering linkage together last night and bleed the brakes as much as I could before the bleeder valve broke off on the driver side rear wheel cylinder..... damn. Either way it runs and drives and I am going to put a new wheel cylinder in it today and go test the lift this weekend; if all is good it is getting welded in! I will post pics as soon as I have more.