Sunroof...

beavis0076

do the xterra covers/ sunroof glass fit our pathfinders? I was looking at an xterra online for sale and the sunroof looks to be the same, with the same cover setup. Im convinced that the xterra is the real new pathfinder... the new ones are some other thing..

Edited by beavis0076

do the xterra covers/ sunroof glass fit our pathfinders? I was looking at an xterra online for sale and the sunroof looks to be the same, with the same cover setup. Im convinced that the xterra is the real new pathfinder... the new ones are some other thing..

i agree about the xterra thing, but thats just opinion. plenty of people like the new pathfinder.

you think the new x has the same sunroof or the 1st gen x?

• 1 month later...

one of mine came off on my 87 Hardbody years ago, I glued it back on using rear view mirror adhesive , is that what you used?

no I used a two part epoxy that i got at autozone, but thats what I was going to try next.

it should work just make sure the metal part is really clean

here is a list of all the models that use the 4 door pathfinder sunroof latch:

the GC22 is a Nissan Van, the B12 is a Nissan Sentra, the S12 is a 200SX :

eje7o4.jpg

it should work just make sure the metal part is really clean

here is a list of all the models that use the 4 door pathfinder sunroof latch:

the GC22 is a Nissan Van, the B12 is a Nissan Sentra, the S12 is a 200SX :

eje7o4.jpg

cool thanks for the info

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where to get the sunroof gasket? Mine leaks from time to time. Nissan laughed at me, when I asked about it, said "good luck." Disheartening...I guess I could weld up the hole...haha

I replaced mine recently with one I got from the junkyard, the one that was in the truck had about a 7" chunk of the rubber missing, the junkyard one looked good but after swapping it, adjusting the latch and driving it still is not sealing good. I priced the gasket from an online dealer and it was about $96 !!

that's what I did last Saturday, I marked the glass where the rubber was sitting against it and than took the glass out, cleaned it real good with alcohol and than the weatherstripping I was going to use I was short a few inches so had to use this thinner stuff I had, don't know if it was too old but after I put it on and it sat out in the sun for a while the corners pulled away from it's adhesive backing and came off. The adhesive stayed on the glass really good just the rubber separated. but otherwise it's mostly sealed I can only hear just a slight amount of wind noise getting thru.

Lowes here I come! Nissan wants $108 for the front? and $87 for the rear? Did not know there were two parts to the gasket...no wonder it leaks...lol

front and rear what? there is only one gasket for the sunroof, the one that goes on the body side, there is a gasket on the edge of the glass but that just seals out debris

• 5 years later...

Yes!!! It's a direct fit. You just need to change the screws and your in. I got the sunroof cover from a 2002 xterra and placed on my 1992 pathy.

i agree about the xterra thing, but thats just opinion. plenty of people like the new pathfinder.

It works! I got a cover from a 1st gen xterra and currently using it on my wd21

It works! I got a cover from a 1st gen xterra and currently using it on my wd21

Man, this is an old thread but I just came across it once again...

I tell you what I ended up doing:

I removed the factory gasket and inspected it finding that it had a BUNCH of caked up debris around several points...cleaned it up, used some baby oil on it to break up the built up debris and once it was all soft and pliable put it back on using the 3M adhesive and it was good to go. Hadn't had a leak since...

Oh and I bought a whole roll of the weatherstripping material from Lowes too...it is still sitting on the shelf collecting dust...

I wonder if Lowes would let me return it...since I STILL HAVE THE RECEIPT!

(It was taped to it haha)