Friend At Work

Kittamaru

I have a friend at work claiming to have a stock F150 (I forget what year he said) that came with a locking rear diff, 2WD, sitting on something like 48" tall 16" wide Super Swampers that sits at least 4 foot high...

he also claims it can out wheel any pathfinder...

I think he's full of @!*% myself... but just wanted some input:

What is street legal in NC? He claims it is legal down there... but I take issue with that myself.

Meh, just thought I'd ask.

I have a friend at work claiming to have a stock F150 (I forget what year he said) that came with a locking rear diff, 2WD, sitting on something like 48" tall 16" wide Super Swampers that sits at least 4 foot high...

he also claims it can out wheel any pathfinder...

I think he's full of @!*% myself... but just wanted some input:

What is street legal in NC? He claims it is legal down there... but I take issue with that myself.

Meh, just thought I'd ask.

Probably legal, but I doubt he can back up his wheeling boast. Though full locked 2wd can go better in some situations than 4wd, in others they are just as worthless as any other 2wd.

He was just generally raggin on pathy's saying how Fords are superior in every way... best part is he's like, 17... really pissed me off. I asked him a few questions to try to gauge what he really knows...

What kind of axels are you running?

His answer: Locked

What did you do to seal the engine and ECU against water?

His answer: Something about it being factory sealed, an option ONLY available on his year and some other stuff

How did you overcome the loss of power from such oversized wheels?

His response: What loss of power?

I'm starting to smell BS here... or am I way off target?

He is one of those kids that needs to be put in his place, Dumbass needs to learn respect and to do his homework about things.

I got a guy at my school who thought Jeeps were the best thing in the world. I did one thing to his Jeep, he got pissed, gave him a good waxing and told him the truth, "Your a dumbass and if jeeps are so great then how come I was able to open the hood from the outside, take your main distributor wire off and immobilize your jeep?" Kid never disrespected me again... and I noticed he talked about how great his jeep was...

He is one of those kids that needs to be put in his place, Dumbass needs to learn respect and to do his homework about things.

I got a guy at my school who thought Jeeps were the best thing in the world. I did one thing to his Jeep, he got pissed, gave him a good waxing and told him the truth, "Your a dumbass and if jeeps are so great then how come I was able to open the hood from the outside, take your main distributor wire off and immobilize your jeep?" Kid never disrespected me again... and I noticed he talked about how great his jeep was...

Those morons on your facebook really annnoy me.

Hmm... any way you could teach me that trick to popping a hood from the outside? *grins* I think reversing his spark plug wires would give him a nice surprise... lol...

Hmm... any way you could teach me that trick to popping a hood from the outside? *grins* I think reversing his spark plug wires would give him a nice surprise... lol...

CJs, TJs, and YJs all have 2 spring retainers on the hood, pop them, then undo the catch at the grill and open.

there is a guy at work (SC) from NC with a F-250 on something like 48's and they're 26" wide (i cant remember exactly but its stupidly stupid) he actually backed over an accord in the parking lot on accident one day... thne theres another NC dodge ram on 44's...I donno what the legal tire height is but they don't care too much here...and if you want to go to a state that doesnt care at all go to SC...

and i think NC you cant have more than 2" outside the fender legally but they don't check that much but know some guys that were cited for it after doing some burnouts or something

And by the way there isn't a trick to popping the hood on a wrangler, it just has latches on the outside that hold the hood down. Pop em open you got access to the engine plain and simple...