Fyi Costco Tire Online Buying! Amazing Free Shipping! Hard To Get Sizes R Online.

sonyslave

I'll try to make this brief and simple...

I needed tires.

Costco always seems to have the best prices, I like Michelin and Costco (and Sams) are by far the best price where I live (Hawaii).

Costco didn't have the size I wanted in stock. I talked to the the tire guys at 2 Costcos to have some brought in both tried to order the size 265 70 15 in Michelin, both said "no can", Costco doesn't have that size. I asked about 31 10.5 15, again "no can do", there was no inventory available to ship in that size.

I went to the online Costco website and was able to order Michelin LTX in 31 10.5 15 and get this... FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING TO HAWAII!!! The shipping alone would cost me over $200. AMAZING! Went to Costco 3 days later and there they were, freshly delivered sitting in the middle of the store front floor with the UPS 2 day label and my name on it. I was still in disbelief.

The tire guy then explained to me that the tire warehouse that they order from is different than the one for the online customer website, meaning that you can order stuff that the Costco tire guys cannot bring in. Wish I knew that earlier.

Another fyi, they may or may not mount the tires for you if they are different than stock, ask first.

Last fyi. The week after I ordered the tires Costco changed it's tire section of the online website. I can no longer find a way to order by tire size, I can only order by vehicle type. This would make ordering 31 10.5 15 size hard as I don't know any vehicle that comes with that size.

Edited by sonyslave

Pathfinder's come with that size tire, silly! :aok::lol:

Just select 1989 Pathfinder SE

Their selection isn't that great though Michelin LTX (too expensive), BFG Rugged Trail (OK but way better AT's can be found for way less), and BFG AT T/A KO. The AT's are the best bet and with free shipping their price ($159 each) is hard to beat.

Go kick the guy in the nuts who said you can't have the STOCK TIRE SIZE for your Pathfinder...

Toyota truck SR5s use 31s, Tacomas, 4Runners, Pathfinders...

Edited by Kingman

Go kick the guy in the nuts who said you can't have the STOCK TIRE SIZE for your Pathfinder...

Toyota truck SR5s use 31s, Tacomas, 4Runners, Pathfinders...

Thanks for the info Kingman! Just to clarify: Costco, at the time, did not have any in 265/70 15 available on hand or by order -I think Costco decided that the 15" (265/70) size is too small of total sales to bother with.

They will let you order non-stock sizes, just sign a waiver.

Also, you can order whatever size you want online but the shop may decide not mount them if they rub.

one thing to add about buying tires from costco. Prices are good and all. However if you ever go to get a tire rotation it takes them hours to do it, They always put priority on people buying new tires, so as long and they are selling tires they will bump you to last. I once waited over 3 hours to get a simple rotation, when I went to pick up my car they said they were just getting to it now. I told them forget it and I would never be buying tires from them again. So if you rotate your own tires or don't mind waiting go for it. Now I would hope that your costco would be different. All 4 costco stores near me do the same thing.

I was going to have Costco order tires for me (BFG MT KM2) but it would have taken months with no definite delivery date.

I went with Americas tire co (www.discounttire.com) for the same price and in stock. $10 or $15 per tire for mount, balance, valve stem with life time balance and rotation, free road hazard repair. I opted for the extended warranty so if I blow one out on a piece of rebar off road, it is still covered. If there is one near you, check them out; the on line calculator is correct to the penny also...

B

Pathfinder's come with that size tire, silly! :aok::lol:

Just select 1989 Pathfinder SE

Their selection isn't that great though Michelin LTX (too expensive), BFG Rugged Trail (OK but way better AT's can be found for way less), and BFG AT T/A KO. The AT's are the best bet and with free shipping their price ($159 each) is hard to beat.

Wow, thanks SC88Pathy! I need to expand my knowledge of the rest of the Pathfinder line.

I was going to have Costco order tires for me (BFG MT KM2) but it would have taken months with no definite delivery date.

I went with Americas tire co (www.discounttire.com) for the same price and in stock. $10 or $15 per tire for mount, balance, valve stem with life time balance and rotation, free road hazard repair. I opted for the extended warranty so if I blow one out on a piece of rebar off road, it is still covered. If there is one near you, check them out; the on line calculator is correct to the penny also...

B

I agree. they will price match costco. I always buy my tires from them. opposite of Costco. one time when i went to Americas tire to get my tires rotated they had all of their bays filled with vehicles. they sent 2 guys out with floor jacks to rotate my tires in the parking lot. That is the type of service I appreciate.

Edited by msavides

Belle Tire mounted my 33's on rims I brought in, put all my stock tires in bags in the back of the pathy, and showed me exactly where the tires rubbed and where I had to trim in 15 minutes, then took 2 minutes to re-torque all my wheels when they had all their bays full...

I LOVE belle tire and will get my new malibu rims from them...

Walmart on the other hand does pretty good as far as oil changes for me go, and work well when I'm buying a battery or something, but SUCK for any cheap. They are great about it (gave me free balancing b/c they didn't have the right weights, had to use adhesives on the spare tire) but w/one bay in use, it took them well over 30 minutes to mount 1 tire that I brought in empty rim to have it put on....

Discount tire I have mixed experiences, although I got a tire for my sister's car for 10 bucks and it has more tread than my stock pathy or the malibu's tires.