How Many Of You Wheel With Auto Trans?

Vanganator

I once the saw the advantage of an Auto when I had an open rear differential cause you can apply brakes and gas at the same time without stalling. Now that I have a locker.....I think I like the manual...especially for engine braking on the down hill side. Also, had a case where an Auto stalled, brakes did work well (lost vacuum), and we rolled backwards really dang fast down the hill.

I have an external cooler that has never been used if anyone wants to buy it...

I can post pics, brand, price and pics of the cooler installed in my truck for reference.

I bought the cooler and before I put it on my auto tranny failed, so I got a new tranny and the shop installed a cooler. So, I have one lying around....

Also, I 4x4 with the auto, it works perfectly fine. I wouldn't think twice about it.... :handlebars:

I have an external cooler that has never been used if anyone wants to buy it...

I can post pics, brand, price and pics of the cooler installed in my truck for reference.

I bought the cooler and before I put it on my auto tranny failed, so I got a new tranny and the shop installed a cooler. So, I have one lying around....

Also, I 4x4 with the auto, it works perfectly fine. I wouldn't think twice about it.... :handlebars:

Pics, rating, and how much?

I have/had both an automatic and manual WD. I liked each one for different reasons. The automatic was easier to wheel with by far, one less pedal to worry about and you can't really kill an auto. It's much easier to make more precise adjustments by holding the brake and hitting the gas, whereas with a manual you have to control all 3 pedals. Then sometimes you'll roll back before you go forward and that can cause a lot of problems in a tricky situation. I do like the manual for the control and downhill descent. It's also fun to dump the clutch and sling a ton of mud.

I think each set up as it's own merits...

There both good,I prefer a auto since theres no clutch to get covered in mud(autos are more water/mud proof then some sticks.All the sticks I own have non-synced first gears so you cant shift into first if your moving(kinda defeats the purpess of down shifting) and you really dont need to worry about over reving a auto if you in drive since it shifts itself.

And the only auto that says you push start in the survice manuel that I now of is the pre 66 gm powerglide.Those things cant be kill,I should now since I was drive 55-60 mph down a road once and the damn thing shifted into 1st(only 2 forward gears)

I like my manual, I just find it a lot more fun. As a young guy, I like to show off. DO some 180's in the parking lot, maybe a break burn, some drifts. Not only that but when you drive a stick it's more fun. You just feel like your driving the car. Sure it's more to worry about but you get used to it after a while, I don't even have to think about my shifts now and sometimes my hand and foot will make important corrections without even thinking.