Amazing Life From Stock Headight Bulbs.

sonyslave

I've been amazed at longevity of all the systems and components (control arm bushing excluded!) on my 96 XE 4x4. I've owned this car since new.

One of original headlight bulbs failed at 144k. Amazing! The brand on the bulb started with an "N" -I forgot the rest, an oem supplier in Japan.

Unrelated...

All the dash bulbs are original still work fine too.

My friend's 2003 Pathy SE lost both lights for the A/C and Recir buttons. Seems Nissan started going cheap on the bulbs after a while.

Edited by sonyslave

I agree. I have a 96 with all working lights ( I'm not the original owner, but for sure these were not replaced because maintance from previous owner was crap). And the lights, were they Nissin? (not NissAn, but NissIn).

I agree. I have a 96 with all working lights ( I'm not the original owner, but for sure these were not replaced because maintance from previous owner was crap). And the lights, were they Nissin? (not NissAn, but NissIn).

I forget the brand, I changed it out about a month ago. When the 2nd bulb goes I'll note the brand.

Even more amazing when you see so many new cars with on the road with burnt out headlamps and taillamps.

Edited by sonyslave

• 1 month later...

I double checked, the brand of the 144K bulb was Koito.

Here's the actual bulb...felt bad about throwing it in the trash since it lasted so long and lit many dark roads.

DSC08459.jpg

Edited by sonyslave

Even more amazing when you see so many new cars with on the road with burnt out headlamps and taillamps.

I think GM shipped new Chevy-GMC Tahoes, Yukons, Suburbans and trucks with a daytime running lamp pre burned out.

Koito makes some great stuff. Lots of foreign cars come with them from the factory. I have an Acura Integra that has the Koito bulbs and at 172k they are still working!

Whoa! I thought mine were a fluke or something, that's great to hear! Makes one wish our domestic stuff was as good.

Lol, I notice all the time the number of new cars with burned heads and tails...this is a cut in cost of manufactoring.

I really hate this because this also uses up resources intentionally to throw them away. Go price bulbs at the stealership~~~they can't wait for your bulbs to burn out

I think GM shipped new Chevy-GMC Tahoes, Yukons, Suburbans and trucks with a daytime running lamp pre burned out.

Favorably the left side...

Seriously, the life of a lightbulb ain't my extreme concern since there ain't many that are hard to change on my truck...

My headlights were still stock bulbs when I got the Pathfinder a couple years ago. The stock lights still lit up but I couldn't see a thing on the road at night. Took out the bulbs and they were so black I couldn't see through the glass. Not sure what happened but new ones really made a difference haha.

:rofl:

I've noticed the same thing myself. :D

I've been driving Nissan for the last 15 years, and I don't think I have ever replaced a bulb, any bulb...

Well, the interior light bulb for my D720 but the new one blew in 2 seconds so there was a short somewhere. That same truck had hole in the passenger side lens and the reflector cavity would fill up 2/3 with water so the bulb was underwater. Worked fine that way for 10 years, and then I sold the truck... :D

B