Broken Exhaust Studs

TerranoNZ

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which stud/s have broken

• R/H closest to the fire wall
    • L/H closest to the radiator
    • Both of the above
    • Others

Right hand closest to the firewall. But I will note that the passenger side ones were stripped on the threads that the nuts that hold the manifolds go.

Edited by adamzan

rh by the firewall, rh center, Lh by radiator & Lh center.(iirc) and somehow it did not tick or make any leaking noises even with 2 of the broken studs just sitting in the heat sheild.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew i had a exhaust leak at the manifolds but when i went looking found that both sides only had the center 2 studs left the rest were broke. Needless to saw i pulled them all and replaced them with a better product along with the gaskets.

I had a total of three broken studs, luckily only one was sheered off completely(driver side closest to radiator), the others had enough left on them for vice grips to do the trick(driver and pass side closest to firewall).

Edited by SamTex

None... Ever... What is your issue?? :D

I recall Derek guessing the end studs one time so there is probably is a trend, but I'll be damned if I know what it is... :shrug:

B

Yep, typically both the outers snap. The problem is that one typically doesnt snap until ou try and take it off. Fun times.