Climate Control Light Bulb

ac92pathfinder

AC, our pathgrinders seem to be suffering from the same nagging issues. I have the same question and issue as you do regarding your hvac light(s). Although mine will occasionally, tease me and come on and then go off. I don't think mine is a bulb as much as its a connection. And I'll be darned if I couldn't figure it out this summer when I attempted to fix it. I ended up breaking more of the brittle plastic dash parts and just gave up.

ok so what a hassle i called three diffrent dealers lord jesus help me! 1st dealer said that there was 3 diffrent bulbs and at this time i didnt have the bulb pulled out. he wouldnt give me any of the part numbers at all. so i called the second one they told me with out looking any info up at all and told me i need to replace the whole climate control i said no i got the bulb right here in my hand he still said no so i just said you aint hrlping me one damn bit why would i need to replace the whole climate control over a light that went out on it? the third dealer was very helpful i should called them first cause thats where it was serviced before they gave me 4 diffrent part numbers to cross reference at oriellys still didnt come up with it there. i told the 3rd dealer i called its either a 73 or 74 bulb he told me it wasnt much watt diffrence in the bulb so i just got the 74 so far its working. im happy no :). sorry for the novel writting. just that dealers try to get you. they tried to get me to trade my pathy in cause of the mileage on it.

AC, our pathgrinders seem to be suffering from the same nagging issues. I have the same question and issue as you do regarding your hvac light(s). Although mine will occasionally, tease me and come on and then go off. I don't think mine is a bulb as much as its a connection. And I'll be darned if I couldn't figure it out this summer when I attempted to fix it. I ended up breaking more of the brittle plastic dash parts and just gave up.

you have a 92 the climate control is diffrent from my 95. i wish i had the 92 climate control cause it has the auto fan.

i called the second one they told me with out looking any info up at all and told me i need to replace the whole climate control

:rolleyes:

With all due respects to the fine, helpful NPORA members that work at dealerships, this is exactly why I avoid stealerships when ever possible; You are just as likely to get a complete idiot as a helpful, knowledgeable employee... :shrug:

B

There is a light bulb back there. Remove the ash tray, the remove the black trim piece that surrounds the heater and stereo via 5 screws - 2 on the underside of the top lip, 2 on the underside of the bottom lip, and one recessed where the ash tray is housed. The remove the 2 heater vents by just pulling them out, then remove the plastic caps on the end of the heater control levers and pull the backing plate with the wording and pictures off. It's held in by a few tabs so you'll have to pry a little. Once that is off there's a clear light diffuser that spreads the light across the heater controls. Remove that and your small light is there there. I did forget what kind it is and I looked all over my parts bin for the package that had an extra vew lights in it. But I went to the local auto parts store and they looked up what kind of light it was and it worked like a charm.

AC, you are right auto fan and yes it is a nice feature.

Kingman, I remember going through all the disassembly steps you outlined but I'll be monkey's uncle if I seen what I believed to be a light I had the whole flippin' control panel out of the dash looking for it. I guess when it warms up I give it another go. Its a balmly -6 here this morning. You gotta love the four seasons States.

The light bulb for the manual type control is PN 27525-01F00 FAST lists it as Spring-Control Bulb. Odd name. Courtesyparts has it for around $2.50.

The auto type control looks like it has 2 bulbs. 27625-55S60 Bulb-Assembly Control and 27545-53E00 Lamp Assembly-Heater Control. I don't have auto controls, so I don't know anything about them.

Hope this helps.

GG, you are right the auto control are individual push button. All of those individual lights work it's I guess what you would call the background light the one that lights up the temp selector slider etc that is flakey on mine. You are also correct in the fact that you really do not need to pull the vents. After you been in there once you realize that extra effort doesn't gain you much for this repair.

Indigent, thanks for the P/N's I'll take a look at them and see if I can get it sorted from there.