I Need Mental Help

dhardison

So I ran across this pretty solid 88 today at a country used car lot. 287k miles and it drives and runs great. Never really been molested and everything works except the cruise, alarm, and electric shocks. Sitting here tonight it's calling out to me "buy me" "save me". I need a project like a hole in the head. They want $1400 but I think they would take $1100. Has a few typical issues like noisy blower motor, sagging drivers door but overall I'm impressed. HELP, TALK ME OUT OF IT.

What's that wire and plug that's hanging down supposed to plug into.

Here are some pics www.dhardison.com/88path

A few questions??

1) Do you have strict smog laws where it would be registered?

2) What would it's use be?

3) Do you have enough parking where you live?

B

I could register it in a neighboring county and not have to smog test but it's got current smog registration with the converter still hooked up and no CEL codes so I could go either way.

I'm undecided about use, this could either be the Pathfinder that I finally setup for off-road, or restore it to factory specs and looks and just do my part to save a non rusted 2 door from the crusher. I could even see myself turning this into a long term project and painting it Platinum Graphite to match the Z and getting my upholstery guy to strip the interior, redye the trim pieces black, and stitching the seats in black leather.

Parking is no problem.

I just can't believe how strong the motor and tranny seem to be considering the mileage.

I was looking at the pictures.

The markings on the differntial housing make it look to me that it was possibly a salvage yard part. Not a deal breaker but something to take a closer look at.

A little surface rust on it but it is 21 years old. Form the pictures there didnt seem to be any that has beaten through, just surface rust than can be cleaned up.

I could register it in a neighboring county and not have to smog test but it's got current smog registration with the converter still hooked up and no CEL codes so I could go either way.

I'm undecided about use, this could either be the Pathfinder that I finally setup for off-road, or restore it to factory specs and looks and just do my part to save a non rusted 2 door from the crusher. I could even see myself turning this into a long term project and painting it Platinum Graphite to match the Z and getting my upholstery guy to strip the interior, redye the trim pieces black, and stitching the seats in black leather.

Parking is no problem.

I just can't believe how strong the motor and tranny seem to be considering the mileage.

Ok, you talked me into it. Go ahead and get it... :D

B

I was looking at the pictures.

The markings on the differntial housing make it look to me that it was possibly a salvage yard part. Not a deal breaker but something to take a closer look at.

A little surface rust on it but it is 21 years old. Form the pictures there didnt seem to be any that has beaten through, just surface rust than can be cleaned up.

It is a salvage yard part and those are salvage paint markings but everything else under there seems to be original almost to a fault. The pictures make the surface rust look worse than it really is.

Parking is no problem.

If it were me I'd buy it. I'd love to have a 2 door.

I have that exact same looking truck that i have been restoring to factory and man do they look awesome restored, call me I live in louisville 774-392-5318 my name is steve I have a pretty good line on a guy who works for nissan and can get me oem stuff at a third of the cost. hope you but it