Tow Shackles

LostNcrRanger

After using the :search: button i'm pretty sure there's nothing on this,and it seems to be a pretty valid post to make.

Yesterday,I picked up a couple of hefty tow shackles for Cathy yesterday and i'm curious as to where you have them all set up.

Plus,let's see pics!

Edited by KailEkonen

what kind of shackles? D ring shackles? Rated for...?

I don't use one up front (although I could, I have no issues with the stock tow hook, and its a heck of a lot quicker), but I bought some army surplus ones that are kinda hard to get on/off, but are rated for an insane amount of force, and I got em on those "don't recover with those" bracket things...lol, but I'm lucky and the only time I have ever had to get pulled, its been from getting high centered and just needed a little tug to get rolling...

I actually have a factory tow chain. The shackle on the end of it was made for those tie down loops just below the rear bumper. The shacke pin itself is acutally shaped like the opening in that loop IF you open the hole up enought to actually make it round you may be able to run a regular shackle thru it.

I actually have a factory tow chain. The shackle on the end of it was made for those tie down loops just below the rear bumper. The shacke pin itself is acutally shaped like the opening in that loop IF you open the hole up enought to actually make it round you may be able to run a regular shackle thru it.

I fit my shackle in just fine, and its BEEFY.....only ever had trouble getting an actual TOW rope in, with the hook and all