Remote Start

Soccerstudd5

I know someone who has one, he just has to make damn sure the truck is in neutral before he pushes the button. He slammed some car in a parking lot because he started it when exiting the store and we see it lurch forward and slam into the right in front of him.

I have a "compustar" securtiy keyless entry that has a option to have remote start added to it. i dont have the remote start but alot of ppl wit hthe manuals where i live have them. Basically it checks to see if the doors or clutch have been touched since you locked it and if it has it wont start. (theres a better explaination online thats just what i got out of it. they are save to use and a good quailty) mine also has a very long range and alot of other options also.

Here is a link to what i have -minus the remote start. very nice i recommend it idk what your budget is though i dont feel its to expensive though.

http://www.compustar.com/products/pro/RF-P2W9000-SS.html

can also be used in another car so 1 remote controls 2 cars that you cna pick from.

Edited by edicer2

Yeah, hope the parking brake is good, and you never leave it in gear.

I have autostart on my 93 (auto), and it will kill the engine if you move the shifter or hit the brake after starting it if you don't put the key in first.

The proper remote starters are a royal PITA to make work.

You can install one for an AT in the vehicle, and just make sure that it's in neutral with the e-brake on all the time.

If you do install a MT version, the most common ones make you follow a set of procedures EVERY time you get out of the car to ensure that there's no way that it can be left in gear.

You need to stop the vehicle in your parking space

Activate the remote starter while the engine is still running by stepping on he brake and pushing the remote

then the remote starter needs to see the e-brake applied (via the brake light switch)

then the remote starter needs to see the door open, then close (via the door pin switch)

then once you're outside of the truck, then you push the button on the remote again, and the vehicle shuts off

Now the remote is acive, because it saw all the above steps, and there's no way you could have gotten out of the vehicle with it still in gear.

Now the next morning it will start.

If you miss any of the above steps, it will not even attempt to start the next morning, thats why it's easier to simply install an AT unit, and just make sure it's in neutral.