fog lights and high beams do not work

Pathy

Guest nfuerst

Two things to check...

1) Under the hood, on the right (passenger-side) fender is a fuse box. Remove the fuse box lid and there are two fuses for the headlights. Make sure that these are both not blown.

2) Check the wiring to the foglamp switch in the center console. I had one of the wires come off the switch and then my headlights did not work right either.

Good luck.

-Neal

• 2 years later...

I just got a 95SE into the shop with a fog-light problem too. checked the connections to the switch, everything looks fine, and i'm not getting any power at the lights themselves. has anyone found an actual fuse for these things? can't find a reference to it online, in all-data or any books.

my fogs have an inline fuse on the hotwire coming off the battery, its actually a seperate wire coming from the battery just for the fogs, don't know if that was original from factory or something the PO did

my fogs have an inline fuse on the hotwire coming off the battery, its actually a seperate wire coming from the battery just for the fogs, don't know if that was original from factory or something the PO did

Mine also has a fuse as stock wiring, with the fuse near the battery. But they should be a separate circuit from the headlights, as the factory fogs use power from the low beam headlight circuit, going through the switch, then on to power the relay. I rewired to have the parking lights do the same, and there was no problem. As for the headlights, check that box on the fenderwell as has been said.

Well, i traced the wires to a relay, and having experienced the "combo-switch" meltdown stemming from nissan's failure to use relays i figured it wass aftermarket. finally found the fuse neatly tucked away behind the battery and promptly fixed the problem.

now, if i can just firugre out why my pathy has foglights, and the switch, but no wires running to any of them...