Wow, I Can't Belive This

Kittamaru

So, they're re-paving our road and re-grading it so the water actually drains off, instead of freezing into a five meter long, road-width ice rink every winter...

Things had been going great... until... and I don't know HOW... but they got the paver STUCK. Yes, the big, yellow, asphalt-laying, tracked, paver... how the hell?

Three big 8x8's (dual axel) F-350's tried to pull it out, no love... so what did they do? They brought in what looked like a giant backhoe on CRACK (I mean, this thing was like, 3 times the size of a normal one)... they put a couple chains on it's bucket to various points on the paver, and it LIFTED the entire front end of the paver six foot into the air and dragged it to one side, then it went to the rear and did the same thing...

That was entertaining to watch... but wtf? How do you get a PAVER stuck?

Sadly I wasn't able to actually get pictures - I wasn't there at the time - rather, my mother was describing it all to me over the phone, lol. I'm going to go over tomorrow and get some shots of the aftermath if I can and see if she got any pictures.

I went over tonight after work and there are some rather f***ed up looking ruts on either side of the street - near as I can tell, the damn thing was too wide and mired down in the boggy shoulders on either side of our little podunk back road... lol