Keyless Entery Problem

4wheeldrivefun

I have a 1994 pathfinder,

It has keyless entery I have programed the key-fob as detailed on the link below. All the beeps work great the car reconizes the button just fine.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19755

Problem is after i have programed the key and the car has accepted the key i turn the ignition switch off, and the key-fob will not lock or unlock anything. Any help would be great.

I had the same problem, ended up taking the keyless entry out as it was messing stuff up. Looking for an aftermarket one now.

I would always get the confirmation chirps and everything too, but it never would unlock or lock. Hope you can get yours figured out! Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

was searching the programming key fobs and came accross this post. I have the same problem as listed above but this question was never answered. I get all the confirmation beeps but it's not unlocking or locking. Any help would be great. All fuses are working great as I checked out the alarm box under the driver's seat. Even the siren is hooked up just fine. Any ideas on what could cause this issue?

Sounds like the security control module is not storing or recognising the code. Its been a while but...... If I recall correctly there is a small watch battery inside the control module under the driver seat used to store the code when the vehicle is turned off.

Thanks. The Closed Doors did the trick. It recognizes the remote, but now I can't seem to get the alarm to go off. Each time I turn the key I have to switch the alarm from off to on in order for it to recognize the remote again. So tried leaving it running for 5 min, turning it off, pretending to get out, and have someone outside lock it with the remote from outside. The LED stayed on for a moment then did its slow flash (armed I guess). Waited a few min and unlocked it from within and got nothing more than the Tampered warning (LED stays lit and constant beeps). From what I can tell the main siren is hooked up. It doesn't chirp though, only beeps from the main unit under the seat when a button it pressed. Also there is no panic, that button as well as the trunk button all lock and unlock the same as the lock button :scratchhead:. Any ideas?

where is the siren located? i have a 95. also mine blinks realy fast i have no remote. i tried setting my car off on purpose and nothing. some of my wires are cut cause i seen the horn wire cut. i think its cause i have some amp wire there running swith it but its all disconncted.

The LED stayed on for a moment then did its slow flash (armed I guess). Waited a few min and unlocked it from within and got nothing more than the Tampered warning (LED stays lit and constant beeps). From what I can tell the main siren is hooked up. It doesn't chirp though, only beeps from the main unit under the seat when a button it pressed. Also there is no panic, that button as well as the trunk button all lock and unlock the same as the lock button :scratchhead:. Any ideas?

Sounds like you are making progress.

The LED staying on for 30 seconds then starting a slow flash means it is arming correctly. The siren not working is not surprising since it has been exposed to the elemets in the engine bay for 15+years.

You have some corroded wiring to it more than likely. Replace it and you should be in business. Mine would chirp every so often because of this, replaced it and it is noisy now. :)

You front and rear parking lamps should flash now as well when you arm and disarm it.

Sounds like you are making progress.

The LED staying on for 30 seconds then starting a slow flash means it is arming correctly. The siren not working is not surprising since it has been exposed to the elemets in the engine bay for 15+years.

You have some corroded wiring to it more than likely. Replace it and you should be in business. Mine would chirp every so often because of this, replaced it and it is noisy now. :)

You front and rear parking lamps should flash now as well when you arm and disarm it.

I guess over exposure would make sense. The lights do flash when I arm it though, But only after I switch it off and lock and unlock it, then to on and lock it again. Kinda screwy. So are saying to replace the whole siren or just rewire what I have?

I guess over exposure would make sense. The lights do flash when I arm it though, But only after I switch it off and lock and unlock it, then to on and lock it again. Kinda screwy. So are saying to replace the whole siren or just rewire what I have?

I looked at replacing the wires on mine but the corrosion I could see was at the base of the horn where the wires go into it, so there was nothing to solder, splice or connect to. So I just replaced it. New one was like $25.

Edited by Alkorahil

I looked at replacing the wires on mine but the corrosion I could see was at the base of the horn where the wires go into it, so there was nothing to solder, splice or connect to. So I just replaced it. New one was like $25.

Alright. I'll take a look at it over the weekend. Thanks for the insight. Where did you happen to find a new one?