jordanfstop

Hey all,

I'm Jordan. I'm twenty-two. I'm from Pomona, NY (about 30 miles away from New York City,) originally from Seattle (see a lot of Washingtonians on here...) I work full time as an EMT. I plan on pooling any spare cash into my PF now. Aside from work, I'm also very into fly fishing and photography.

I'm a proud owner of a black five speed 1994 Pathfinder SE. I've owned her for four months now and I'm loving her. I bought it for $700 with 174k miles on it. No mods done to it yet.

What are some upgrades that I should look into? I'm not much of mechanic, but I haven't brought my PF to one yet (I've done the minor work myself.) So far I'm planning on a K&N air filter... With the K&N air filter, can I just drop it in with no problems?

My (aesthetic) future upgrades include roof rack, possible brush guard, suspension, bigger tires (have 31s now), and running boards. Once I get the "new" wheels on, I'll have a picture up.

Thanks all and I look forward to the forums!

pathy.jpg

Edited by jordanfstop

Welcome, Jordan. Seeing that you are from NY you might want to check your rear frame (at the rear wheels) for rust. It is very common for it to rot out there.

If your timing belt hasn't been changed I would probably do that sooner than later because if it goes, your engine goes bye bye.

Search around, I'm sure you will find all the info you need, and more!.

Welcome, have to agree with adamzan about the timing belt. make sure all the general maintnance stuff is up to par so yo ucan keep it around longer. If just looking for the 'looks' of stuff, check your local yards, be amazed the things you can find. Proably find a factory rack and some kind of running board. Heck maby get lucky and find a factory brush guard! Search around and your bound to be overwhelmed with all the info you need, and if you don't someone should have the answer your lookin for.

Welcome Jordan. It's all good advice so far!! Since you are into photography, why are there no pictures of your truck posted?? :D

B

Haha, I know! Hopefully this weekend when the new wheels go on.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and useful info. I've already learned a ton.

• 2 weeks later...