Interesting "stall" problem

unccpathfinder

So I have no codes or CEL light on but when I come off the highway my truck sometimes will die when i hit the clutch...usually in town if I come to a stop it wont kill out and will just drop to idle like it should but I've had it happen several times when I come off a highway or hit the clutch while doing 55+ the RPMS just drop straight to 0, truck dies and I either hit the push start or drop the clutch so I can have my power steering back

I was thinking at 1st that the throttle body may be springing "closed" when i let go of the gas or possibly a vacuum problem. This sucks b/c I'm fixin to try and get it registered in CA finally and it doesnt give me a good feeling knowing it acts up and what may happen during smog...that and when i take it to DMV with no bumper, broken front glass, tires sticking out of the fenders and a federal MPFI in a cali TBI truck

engine is 95 3.0 MPFI

hmm...but it doesnt happen every time...it did it today for the 1st time in probably 3 drives on the highway...one day it did it like 4 times...I was gettin pissy with her that day

PS both of my glove boxes have small scratches

Edited by unccpathfinder

I was thinking IACV actually...esp b/c it idles rough sometimes....

If you said when you hit the brake, I would have guessed a vac problem, but the clutch doesn't have a booster on it, nor any other vac line to the system.

Yea that was my thought too and if it was a vac leak i would probably hear it and it would be a constant problem...

Same thing happened to me the other day, but mines an auto. It would just die if i let off the accelerator. Managed to limp into a parking lot, popped the hood, wigged the MAF sensor plug. Started right away. Went home and secured it with a little electrical tape, and it's never happened since. Don't know if it was the same as what you have, but sure sounds like it.