R50 to WD21 console swap?

beastpath

I looked at pics in the members rides area, but none have very good console shots.

Can any of you R50 owners take some pics of your consoles for me? I want to see the clearance of the lid in between the seats.

Where does the rear drinks tray pop out of? the top or the bottom?

I think this swap would work in the WD21 if the brake lever was cut and some metal welded on to shift it to the left a bit. Anyone know for a fact that it wouldnt work?

I looked at pics in the members rides area, but none have very good console shots.

Can any of you R50 owners take some pics of your consoles for me? I want to see the clearance of the lid in between the seats.

Where does the rear drinks tray pop out of? the top or the bottom?

I think this swap would work in the WD21 if the brake lever was cut and some metal welded on to shift it to the left a bit. Anyone know for a fact that it wouldnt work?

Our cup holders are in front of the storage/armrest... they are molded into the plastic.

Our cup holders are in front of the storage/armrest... they are molded into the plastic.

yeah, those are the ones for the front. but i see that in schematics on www.factorynissanparts.com there is some sort of tray that has cup holders for the back too.

awesome! thanks. Those are perfect, show me what I needed to know.

I am 99% sure that that would fit in a WD21 as long as the ebrake was either moved to the left or cut and angled into that position.

I'm going to see if I can pick one up to try it.

it looks a bit WIDE for the space we got, but you could always swap seats :D and it looks like you would also gain a rear 12v cig outlet

They are about an inch wider, but you should be able to stuff it in there. As for the seats, the R50 ones won't fit without a lot of rework.