How does one take off the Door Panels ?

DoctorBill

I have taken many door panels off of car and SUV doors.

No big deal...

But usually one or more of the connectors (plastic thingies) breaks off or won't go

back on when I am done.

And, I usually find out afterward that there was a screw somewhere I hadn't

expected.

My 1995 XE - V6 Pathfinder's driver's side door lock needs work (it just spins) and the

window hits something about half way down and jams.

I suspect the window is hitting something related to the lock not working....

So - can someone tell me how to remove the door panel w/o destroying the connectors

and where any screws should be expected ?

Maybe someone can explain how to get the lock cylinder out (if I might need to remove it)

or how the lock mechanism works.

If I can get at the lock mechanism, I can take pictures and make another Thread about

working on the Pathy's Door Locks...

DoctorBill

Small white plastic tabs hold the door panels in for the most part. Around the lever to open the door is a small piece of trim which is just popped off with a flat head. The arm rest should have a little circle cover inside it and you pop that off and underneath is a screw and that allows you to slide the arm rest off. Then behind the arm rest there are 3 larger screws which you remove and then from there on out it's gently popping the plastic tabs off. A wide flat head works best to work in between the metal frame and the door trim. The power window wiring is long enough to pull the panel back about 8", enough to reach down and disconnect the clip.

I think that's everything but it's been a while since I've removed a door panel on one of my trucks.

Kindman got it but theres a small screw in the door handle that has to be removed also.

underneath is a screw and that allows you to slide the arm rest off.

Most crank windows have the crank arm come in 2 pieces. The top part should be the trim piece and if you pop that off there should be a hex nut of some sort that holds the crank arm to the mechanism.

Most crank windows have the crank arm come in 2 pieces. The top part should be the trim piece and if you pop that off there should be a hex nut of some sort that holds the crank arm to the mechanism.

My HBs with crank windows all had c-clips(or horseshoe clips, heard them called both) that hold them on, like GMs do. Think your thinking of Fords there Kingman

My 1995 XE - V6 Pathfinder's driver's side door lock needs work (it just spins) and the

window hits something about half way down and jams.

I suspect the window is hitting something related to the lock not working....

Me think you have aftermarket speakers installed in your doors. They are deeper than factory (Clarion's), and window hits speaker magnet (and jams) half way down.

I had to install plywood rings (12 mm thick) between speaker (Pioneer's) and inner door panel to avoid this problem.