95 pathfinder problems

tyrhine

so I gave my 95 pathfinder to my girl, and when she is driving sometimes it will just die while driving. she will have to wait a couple of mins to get it started. she told me sometimes her dash lights and her main her lights will go out, sometimes they don't. the power steering and breaks go out like the car just turns off. I'm going to go look at it night, what should I be looking for? I'll deff check the connection with the battery. could be a ingition problem as well? any help would be great.

Edited by tyrhine

My 94 started just shutting off or the dash would just turn off while the car would still be running without guages, A/C controls, or radio. The problem on mine was a connection on the battery terminal was loose. Good luck on the diagnosis!

Yeah, check battery connections, at the terminals and ground to the chassis etc, fusable links, basically any wires/fuses/relays/modules that have to do with power and ignition. Obviously try the easy stuff first...

B

mine did that crap, check those little clip connections on the positive side. Mine corroded through on one of the, the green connector I think, maybe there are multiple green ones, but those things are a corrosion heaven so check there too. Also, then see if you can wiggle the wires individually, while running, to see if it is just one or the whole mess. Good luck, mine took ten minutes to fix once I found it.

One of the wires that leads to a connector off the positive battery side on my 95 was corroded and eventually broke. I had all sorts of problems similar to what you are describing until I figured it out. I ended up getting a new wiring harness form the dealer. If i recall it was pretty reasonable and never again had any problems. Good luck

my pathy would do that to me everyonce ina while but it was only when i put the clutch in so it was in nutral if it didnt die it would idel at 100-200rpm you could bearly hear it it was like putt ......putt........putt lol. I found out there was little little extension peice that went from the MAF connector to the MAF like it just extened it plus it had a ground wire come out of it. Once I took that thing out it has worked great ever since. So idk what the deal was

Edited by edicer2