washer fluid tank

The line runs up the drivers side pillar and a long the edge of the roof. I know this because sometimes mine will leak right above the rear drivers door :lol: It scares the crap out of passengers back there.

Edited by adamzan

it takes awhile for the fluid to get back there. Pul the hose off the top pump to make sure the pump is working first. Then you can use a syringe or something to try to shove water through your hose. It could be a blockage or it could be a broken line. If you hook a compressor to it (low pressure), you might be able to tell where the breech is by listening (if it doesn't blow air out the rear ports)

The Terranos have two tanks. One for the headlight misters and one for the windows.

There could be something blocking the inlet of the pump. I believe it is the one with the green connector attached to the tank. Drain the tank and pull the pump and see.

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem with a clogged line. I removed the rear brake light and cleaned sediment out of the nozzle and ran the motor to clear the line. Make sure you get all the debris out of the line or it will clog the nozzle again.