what is this?

wrightfox

Yup, just recently junked one at work(not cut up like that, just a busted ol' stock one) think it was an 88 or 89? Had that front clip.

Why would you do that, a XJ is always a good platform to go off of. A friend of mine just recently purchased a 93 XJ witht a great running 4.0 HO for 800 bucks. All he needed was a tcase and front drive shaft, and for under 1k had a working SFA wheeling rig. Then he bought some used TSL's and got a 4.5in lift, and 2in spacer and shackles. And built a custom front bumper. And bam for under 2k he has a badass wheeling rig that you arent afraid to beat up on the trail here are some pics.

The night we picked it up

IMG_0105.jpg

And 1200 bucks later

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0491-1.jpg

Why would you do that, a XJ is always a good platform to go off of.

Because the one we junked had about 3 good pieces of glass, not a good panel on it, transfer case stuck in 4hi, junk rear axle, slipping auto trans...well basicly a good 4.0l (that had over 200k on it) and a front axle that was proably good that was in the shape of an xj. It was worth WAY more for its weight, considerign it was filled from floor to roof with scrap. Not like I killed a good doner to anything.

Hey now you gotta admit, any one of yall would love to have that thing!

Damn straight I would. That would be my weekend wheeler, considering how much cheaper it is to maintain a Jeep. Not to mention it's OEM-equipped with a SFA. :aok:

Honestly, though, I'd rather have $2K to throw at the Pathy. :D

True the extra money would be great for the pathy, but then you also risk damaging the pathy. And thats my only vehicle right now my DD, so if i had the money I would buy a Jeep I mean you wont be afraid to beat it off road. Hell when we went and picked the thing up and got it back to his place the first thing we did was to go and get a sledgehammer and bang out some dents :D thats the kinda things you can do with a vehicle like that. And also you can have alot more fun off road with that then a IFS Pathy IMO. Although that XJ is not insured and has to be trailered everywhere LOL