Another new member from CO

madmike283

Hey guys. I've lurked around here off and on for a year or so. I'm in Lakewood around Hampden and Wads for those in the area. I've got an '01 LE that's all stock except 31" BFG ATs. I've been hitting up some trails around the past two years occasionally. We just did Red Cone last Sunday and it was awesome! I think I'm gonna head back up there this weekend and connect a few other trails around that area. I've done a bunch of others also... Slaughterhouse, Bill Moore Lake, Kingston, Loch Lomond, MSV/Coney Flats, etc. This damned thing is pretty capable in stock form!

I'm considering cashing in my claim check from the hail damage a couple weeks ago to have it lifted with OME parts, etc. Are there any particular shops around that do good/reasonably priced work? I live in an apt and don't have the tools that I used to before I moved here. Any ideas what I should expect to pay for a shop to install the lift? Ideally I'd like the lift, rock sliders, and manual hubs. I don't know if I'll do all of that at once, but we'll see. Thanks for the warm welcome that is sure to come. Take care.

Mike

Howdy MM, welcome to NPORA!!

I can't help you with local shop rates, I do my own work and don't have an R50 but I'm sure someone will chime in soon. Check out the R50 section on the main page also.

Thanks for saying Hi.

B

Welcome fellow Coloradoan. You should expect anything from 60 to 90 an hour around here. I haven't found anyone that is below 60, even I charge that when I work on people's vehicles. If I had my own garage, I would say bring it by, we could do it for a case of beer. But I don't, yet, so that is out of the question. Check around, some of the little gas station shops have good mechanics who would be more than willing to do it. There are a couple down here in Aurora that do good work, like the 4 wheel shop off Havana by Iliff. But down in your neck of the woods, I have no idea. Sounds like when I get my rig lifted and new tires, we need to go hit the trails...I only have 235's on it now. If you know of any good deals on tires let me know. I might also be going for rims. Other than that, look around the site man, tons of info. I have learned alot. Good to have ya!

I've been sorting through this site off and on for a while now... Just joined myself. I'm trying to get out again this weekend myself but still trying to make sure my "Project" is gonna run the whole time... (needs plenty of work!)

Welcome.

Welcome to NPORA (and feel free to help in our cause to get our founder's truck back to him)

ok... a shameless plug but not everyone finds that thread on their own.