Mall crawlers and other things

nismothunder

Thanks to nunya's insite I have decided to start this.You see them all over, there lifted and on 44s but when you look under them they have half ton axles.They have tons of stickers for perfomance parts all over there car/truck but its just for show.There owned by the type of people who will put Hurst,Kenne-bell,comp cams in there trucks just so they can put the sticker on the back.The kind of person who thinks a locker is one of those boxs you put in your trucks bed.

People please feel free to add pix or comments to this as it is extremly helpful in defining the mall-crawler trend that some people seem to like.

you mean like the shiny blue always spotless clean dodge cumins turbo desel I see every day. Its loaded!

8 or more inches of lift

two 6" smoke stacks 4.5 ft tall sticking out of the truck bed

2"x2" sqare iorn constuction grille/ bumper guard that sticks out 2ft fwd and about 1 ft to each side thats painted blue to match the body

I stopped paying attention to whats on it after that. things to big and too clean, I don't like it.

When I lived in Southern California U.S.A. those trucks (in my part of the Southland) where all the rage. Gigantic trucks with gigantic rims and off road tires but 2wd and stocl disk brakes.... Jeep Wranglers with gigantic tires and rims and bodylifts but not sway bar disconnects...

Sport Compact Cars with stickers up the wazoo and loud ass mufflers but all stock engines

the new thing here in the bay area of california is to take a 4 door late 80's 90's early 2000' sedan american and CHARIOT it... now i made the term i do not know what they are really called whips or something but it is FUNNNY!!!! low profile tires for better performance I am sure...

box_chevy.jpg

From what I get out of it, take your old Caprice/Crown Vic./Cutlass Supreme(whatever full frame car you have) out of your backyard, lift it, big friggin wheels and rubber-band tires, paint it your favorite food joint/candy/sports team/etc. Who cares about drive shaft angle?

yea, most of the ones I have seen are. Advertizers are everywhere... next we'll see Geico plastered down the sides of FUELERS's truck....

sorry, you know I'm kiddin FUELER :beer:

I seriously need to get a pic of the Hummer that is parked by our local CVS. Chrome everywhere and a Rausch Creek sticker in the window. I think the most offroad this thing has ever seen was to perhaps drive to the gravel parking lot at Rausch creek to buy the sticker.

... but, if you break it down, "offroad" means "of, relating to, done with, or being a vehicle designed especially to operate away from public roads ". I guess parking lots and private roads count.

Edited by k9sar