rough running engine

I just got my truck out of the shop after having the passenger side exhaust manifold replaced. The truck ran like a new one after the repairs were made, but now I have a problem. I washed the engine yesterday at the car wash and now my truck runs like s**t. I did not go nuts with the high pressure sprayer, but It was enough to get water somewhere that it should not be. Where are the nissan trucks susceptible to water intrusion?

Dist cap and spark plug wires (esp if they are older, they could soak some water). Very god chance that if you leave it over night it will be fine in the morning. If you can't wait, some water displacement spray (ie WD40) should help, just don't get it all over the place (flammable)

Dist cap and spark plug wires (esp if they are older, they could soak some water). Very god chance that if you leave it over night it will be fine in the morning. If you can't wait, some water displacement spray (ie WD40) should help, just don't get it all over the place (flammable)

I did it yesterday, and the engine is still running terrible as of this evening. What could it be? I might have to put it back in the shop in the morning, because I need it to tow the boat this weekend.

I have had my truck run like sh*t after getting it wet as well and my problem would always clear up after a few minutes. I would have to agree with the other guys though and say start checking the ignition components.

I always suggest to check the connector ont he top of the MAF. It's a known weak spot on the WD21's. Pull the connector, make sure it's dry inside, put it back together, start it up. If she runs fine, that was your problem. If not, wiggle/flex the wire and connector on top to see if it makes a difference.

• Like 1

I just got my truck out of the shop after having the passenger side exhaust manifold replaced. The truck ran like a new one after the repairs were made, but now I have a problem. I washed the engine yesterday at the car wash and now my truck runs like s**t. I did not go nuts with the high pressure sprayer, but It was enough to get water somewhere that it should not be. Where are the nissan trucks susceptible to water intrusion?

Truck is running alright again, I can't believe it took almost 3 days to dry out. One other note, after it came back from the shop I went from getting 280 miles per tank to 350 per tank. :D:D

Pulled the boat today for the 1st time since I got my truck out of the repair shop. I don't know exactly what the mechanic did to my little rig but it pulled the boat with some authority. I'm impressed. I didn't even need 4low to pull the boat up the launch ramp. :jig::jig:

I recently had my manifold replaced as well, and like you I'm seeing a reasonable improvement.

I hope that with a new high-flow cat back exhaust system, I'll be able to really notice some improvement.

154k on stock exhaust probably not getting all 150 ponies working for me now.

I recently had my manifold replaced as well, and like you I'm seeing a reasonable improvement.

I hope that with a new high-flow cat back exhaust system, I'll be able to really notice some improvement.

154k on stock exhaust probably not getting all 150 ponies working for me now.

I know some folks around here get a little pissy about this, but, he ditched the cat on my truck. The improvement in how well my truck runs is way, way more than reasonable. My truck can now accelerate up hills with the boat in tow. I think that is pretty impresive. By the way, the boat probably weighs a little over 3k pounds. My fuel mileage also improved dramatically.