Grand Cherokee Springs in the rear

I want to get some lift from my pathfinder, and i have heard you can use the grand cherokee v-8 springs in the rear of the pathfinder to get 3" of lift is this so true. please explain, oh and will xj springs do the same?

Thanks

John

There is a really good thread about this. Typically, the JGC front springs (from a V8) will work with a little modification. You need to look at the overall length, coil diameter and wire diameter. Length and coil are probably pretty common but check the wire diameter. If I can find the post, I'll link you to it.

spring info

My lift using JGC springs

Edited by k9sar

...oh and will xj springs do the same?

You will need to use the aftermarket 3" lift springs if you want to use xj springs.

Stock xj springs will not lift you.

you all must have some different stuff down south...every jeep i see up here has good old-fashioned leafs in the rear.

If your not looking at wranglers (which i believed used coils from tj and up), then you must be looking @ CHEROKEE's (xj) versus GRAND CHEROKEE (zj). the zj has coils all around, whereas the xj has coils front, leafs rear. Unless, as you said, it is genuinely different!